Top Shelf Aquatics

rethinking my skimmer selection

HiImSean

im having second thoughts on my skimmer. i purchased a NAC6 for my 25g cube and 20g sump. from pismo_reefers thread it just pulls too much so i think im gonna go with something smaller. i have a 15g and a 20g high that i can use for a sump. i've been reading about the tunze 9002 and it seems to be a great little skimmer. any other recommendations on a skimmer with a small footprint? im not looking to spend more than $150 on it.

How can it pull out too much? If it's pulling out a lot, isn't that an indication that you have a high bioload in your tank.

From what I've read on the Tunze, it's a bit finicky. I've had my running for 2 days in my 28g cube and no skimmage yet. Maybe a water level issue or still breaking in though. Regardless, I'm considering just staying with what I'm used to, the improved media tray and filter floss.

im having second thoughts on my skimmer. i purchased a NAC6 for my 25g cube and 20g sump. from pismo_reefers thread it just pulls too much so i think im gonna go with something smaller

I wouldn't worry about a skimmer "pulling too much" from the water, unless you like your water a bit on the dirty side. I would say keep the skimmer, better to be overpowered than underpowered.

Personally, I am in love with CPR products...they have never failed me over the many years.

What I like about the BakPak 2 is that it is very efficient, the cup it self is adjustable so you done have to worry about water levels in your sump all the time to get the most out of it and you can put it on the inside or outside of your sump if you need/have the room. I have a 29 gal cube with about a 15 gal sump and it halls balls...

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/bakpaks.html

im having second thoughts on my skimmer. i purchased a NAC6 for my 25g cube and 20g sump. from pismo_reefers thread it just pulls too much...

It's not adjustable?...through an in-line valve on it then?

Archived