Innovative Marine Aquariums

SiRbIgGsTiXx'S 30 GaLlOn ReEF

sirbiggstixx

Hey all decided to make a tank thread..My name is Matt, im from Baton Rouge and play golf for LSU. I have a 30 gallon mixed reef that has been setup for 7 months..I have a 250w sunpod with a 20k XM along with 2x39w t5s with a Blue+ and Fiji Purple..Also i have lunar cycle moonlight leds..When I started the tank, I had roughly 50 pounds of live rock and around 50 pounds of sand, after a few months i decided to take a little more sand out and a good bit of the live rock since it was just a pile of rocks that was making me depressed looking at such a plain tank..I have a HOB fuge/skimmer with a 2" sand bed and about 5 pounds of live rock rubble with chato and a great pod population..Heres the changes my tank has been through..As you can see i have finally figured how to use my camera and will be updating the pics from the crappy whited out ones on here..

month 1-3:

016.jpg

month 6 change to just a pile:

DSC00260.jpg

and the final scape change to stay:

DSC00280.jpg

Current Stock:

2 Percs, PJ Cardinal, LMB, 4 damsels(3 yellowtailed, 1 4stripe), Cleaner Shrimp, Emerald Crab

Coral:

Acans(lords, orange crush), Green Torch, Open Brain, Zoas(eagle eyes, radioactive dragon eyes, coco pinks, marleys, purple hornets, blue tubbs, fire and ice morphs, other various i dont remember the names of), hammer, pink mushrooms, purple tip haitain nem, picoloppora, acro, digi, ora green birdsnest, toadstool, rics, gold palys,

other pics:

hot pink mushrooms

DSC00281.jpg

open brain loving life

DSC00283.jpg

torch under moonlights

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

012.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00229.jpg