Coral Vue Hydros

Help me! i want to buy one!

brandolando4

i plan on getting my skunk cleaner shrimp soon, as in tomorrow, lol, and i have been doing lots of research cuz, and i came across a couple of sites that said i would need two for them to be comfortable and not shy. However i have a bc14 and that seems like a lot, so my questions is,

does any one have just one?? is he shy?? I really dont want to get two!!

thanks guys

I have had one for a long time...he is anything but shy. In fact, I have never heard a skunk shrimp described as shy. They are usually pretty active and aggressive.

I also have a fire shrimp and he is much more aloof.

ok thats what i thought from all the vids ive seen of them, i just wanted to make sure!!

cool i appreciate it

I have two in a NC6.... Shy? No...

When I put my hand in the tank they both jump on my hand and start cleaning/picking at it :P

I have two in a NC6.... Shy? No...

When I put my hand in the tank they both jump on my hand and start cleaning/picking at it :P

Do the fire shrimp do the hand picking thing as well?

Do the fire shrimp do the hand picking thing as well?

I dont know.... Never had one... Maybe someone else will chime in on that Q.

My skunk cleaner is all alone in my 37. He is the least shy thing ever (excluding, right after a molt) Anywho. He flips upside-down to eat from the water top and cleans my hands/arms whenever I clean the tank. This can pinch if he cleans a sensitive spot (the inside of my elbow/forearm). I often hand feed him krill to make sure he doesn't steal morsels from my duncans/acans

My fire shrimp use to pick at my hand but not as quick as my skunk did. The minute I put my hand in the skunk was right there. The fire shrimp would take a few minutes but then it was all over my hand.

My fire shrimp have never tried to attack me he just keeps to himself looking cool. My pepermint on the other hand as soon as my hand hits the water they go into attack mode. I had to clean up a lot of water once when it snuck up on me and attacked the back of my arm.

CoralWhisperer
you can never over research in this hobby. +1000 for you doing some homework. you are on the right path to sucess in reefing

+1million

But get 2, cause youll end up buyin another anyways . . .

Archived