Innovative Marine Aquariums

Saw this guy crawling up my wall tonight

Kaneda215

Sorry about the crappy photos, not quite sure what it is. It kinda looks like some sort of snail... without a shell maybe? No clue.

In the second photo you can see an arm extending to pull it up.

post-61343-1296193717_thumb.jpg

post-61343-1296193723_thumb.jpg

stometella? google image it...

I don't think that's it. The top isn't a mouth, it literally looked like an arm that would extend and pull itself up. Also the shape of the body is different than the stomatella.

In addition, I didn't see any sort of antennae. I'm confused, and slightly freaked out that this large of a creature is in my tank without my knowing.

gulfsurfer101

Just some kind of stomatella or pod, you won't see them much in the day since they like to hide under rocks and coral. I do have a stomy that travels my tank just about 24/7. They make a nice addition to any cuc you have.

it looks to be like a stomatella, but the pics are kinda fuzzy. I know you mentioned it was on the larger end, and all the info I found about stomatellas (I found one in my tank and I wasn't sure at first) say they only get about .75in; however, I have one or two that definitely larger-they are huge in comparison to the others!

Stomatella-Varia.jpg

Weird that there are no antennas. Well, whatever it is.. I hope you are able find out what it is! I also always like to know whats lurking around my tank.

Archived