ReefCleaners.org

Bubble Magus skimmer help

William

What water height and outlet number do you have the skimmer on? as i only get very we skimmate or no skimmate.

My tank is a 40br with 20gal sump and i am running bio pellets

Fish: small sailfin, lawnmower blenny, yellow wrasse, dward zebra lion

my params are all good i just want more skimmate.

I have a NAC6 also. I run it in 10" of water and I set it between 3 and 4 which has resulted in a decent tea colored skimmate. It's a little wet, but it works well for me... I also have a light bio-load with a small ocellaris clown, a small 3 strip damsel and a dottyback.

it wont skim if it has nothin to skim. do you see gunk collection on the inside of the neck?

im running a nac 7 and i have coffee colored skim i have it around 7 in and have it set at 3.5

every tank will be diffrent so eveyones setting will differ

and for a 40g you should have a 3 or 3.5 anything bigger its overkill

it wont skim if it has nothin to skim. do you see gunk collection on the inside of the neck?

im running a nac 7 and i have coffee colored skim i have it around 7 in and have it set at 3.5

every tank will be diffrent so eveyones setting will differ

and for a 40g you should have a 3 or 3.5 anything bigger its overkill

I have a nac6 and I do have stuff collecting on the inside of the neck

I have a NAC3+ on a 20H with just one ocellaris clown, 7.5" depth, around 4.5 setting. I find to get dry skimmate, I have to set it so that the bubble level in the tube is a good few inches below the top of the cup and then just be patient. It seems like no skimmate is ever going to collect in the cup, but then I check the next day and there's some in there. Most of my solid scum collects in the inside of the top of the tube and the skimmate doesn't get any darker than tea. The collection cup is pretty well lit by my sump light and the skimmate is always transparent, not like the opaque skimmate I've seen in pics. It's funny how much time can be wasted staring at froth. :P

Archived