Innovative Marine Aquariums

New biocube 29g hqi.

ramstead

hello everyone i just thought i would show you guys my 2 week old biocube 29 hqi.

-40 lbs fiji pink

-35 pounds fiji live rock

-Hydor Koralia Nano 240

-2 scarlet hermits

-2 dwarf yellow legged hermits

-1 marshal island hermit

-10 cerith snails

-brown polyp frag

-gsp frag

In a couple months im going to order

-Oceanic UV Sterilizer

-Hydor Rotating Water Deflector

-Maxi Jet 1200 Powerhead

-Biocube 29 Media Basket

-Biocube 29 Fuge Basket

Picture021.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Any tips or suggestions are welcome thanks.

I also have a hqi biocube the media and fuge baskets are awesome choices and the first mod I did on mine the second was changing the bulb out to a ushio 20k just to give it more blue I thought the stock bulb was to white but that's my preference. The latest was the addition of the aquatic life 115 skimmer in the first chamber and it's been doing great pulling out all sorts of nasty stuff.

I also have a hqi biocube the media and fuge baskets are awesome choices and the first mod I did on mine the second was changing the bulb out to a ushio 20k just to give it more blue I thought the stock bulb was to white but that's my preference. The latest was the addition of the aquatic life 115 skimmer in the first chamber and it's been doing great pulling out all sorts of nasty stuff.

Thanks for your input, do you have a picture of your lighting? I was wondering the other day if there was alternative bulbs for the HQI.

I can put a pic up tomorrow I really like the color the ushio bulb has when I first installed it I thought I made a mistake it was crazy blue but after a week it mellowed out and looks really nice. Another favorite is the phoenix 14k but I haven't seen one in person yet. Another mod idea is a auto top off system I have the jbj and a aqualifter pump on my tank and it works really well no more daily top offs

Thanks for your input, do you have a picture of your lighting? I was wondering the other day if there was alternative bulbs for the HQI.

I use the phoenix 14k and 2 stunner strips . Heres a pic although you really need to see it in person to really tell if you like it.Hope this helps. My tank has changed since this was taken, but the light is the same:

IMG_1104.jpg

Lookin good there pal I have a biocube myself and am undecided on which one looks better the bipcube or my other nano the jbj

I like them all.......thats my problem ;)

I decided that I couldnt wait a couple months so I ordered a bunch of stuff from my list

- media basket

-fuge basket

-ushio 20k 150w HQI bulb

-two 100ml purigen bags

-maxi jet 1200 powerhead

- 3 pack of poly filter floss

-rotating water deflector

-2 chemi-pure elite 6.5oz bags

will be getting some chaeto in the city in a couple of weeks. I will try to find a light for it at the fish store.

should be in by Friday, I also ordered an LED moonlight kit from Ebay that I am going to custom install.

extra information on any of these products on installing, or using please post!!!

I really liked that bulb just remember to give it about a week to burn in. It's going to be really blue at first.

Sorry I just realized I was suppose to show you a pic of mine with that bulb. I will try to post one tomorrow after work.

Archived