Sump smell

Lawnman

I have a question for you all. Has anyone noticed there sump smells more after the added chaeto? I added a ball of chaeto about 2 months ago and it grows like crazy and the color looks great. But I have noticed the sump smells more fishy than it use to. I run a nice bag of carbon and change it every week but it still stinks. There is not built up detrius or anything dead.

I pulled a piece out and it is definately chaeto. I really did not notice it but my wife said damn that fish tank stinks. I can smell it standing next to it but the smell comes from the sump.

stick one of the arm & hammer fridge pack baking soda things somewhere in your cabinet.

I will give it a try.

I have a question for you all. Has anyone noticed there sump smells more after the added chaeto? I added a ball of chaeto about 2 months ago and it grows like crazy and the color looks great. But I have noticed the sump smells more fishy than it use to. I run a nice bag of carbon and change it every week but it still stinks. There is not built up detrius or anything dead.

Is your sump next to the ladies room? :o:P

Archived