Pod Your Reef

God I hate my goby.

matt frizz

If you are thinking about getting a bsjf you may want to research them a bit more first. Most/all are collected in colder water and not suitable for reef tanks unfortunately. I just had to return mine after noticin some strange behavior and googling it to find that out.

i had a goby that was just like yours but mine was sadistic. i would lay on my bed and look at my tank and see it out as soon as i would move it would disappear into the rockwork, i left on vacation and left the tank in the care of my mom and the damned fish was out all of the freaking time even with her right up at the tank and even when she was topping it off with RO water it was out layin right at the front glass, i never once saw the fish at the front glass

If you are thinking about getting a bsjf you may want to research them a bit more first. Most/all are collected in colder water and not suitable for reef tanks unfortunately. I just had to return mine after noticin some strange behavior and googling it to find that out.

How come so many successfully keep them in reef thanks then? I already have a suitable sand bed. If this was the case then they would just die at the fish stores as well because most of their tanks are part of the same water loop and therefore the same temperature.

Labeled at 72-78degrees farenheit at every site I've checked out. Maybe they are collected in colder waters (I don't know for sure) but it seems like they acclimate just fine to reef tanks.

Archived