Innovative Marine Aquariums

Food for x-small gobies?

dixiedog

What are some favorites for these, such as neon gobies, and trimma gobies?

Other than the obvious brine shrimp and flakes?

One of my neons will eat nothing but live brine; I'd like to get him onto something easier and more nutritious. The Trimmas I don't have yet but they're coming soon.

Thanks!

What are some favorites for these, such as neon gobies, and trimma gobies?

Other than the obvious brine shrimp and flakes?

One of my neons will eat nothing but live brine; I'd like to get him onto something easier and more nutritious. The Trimmas I don't have yet but they're coming soon.

Thanks!

Try getting frozen brine shrimp and soaking them in a garlic fomula (seachem makes one).

animalmaster6

Frozen and live mysis is great.

Also bloodworms may work (not those genus' favorite or common foods though). Microfauna is very important for those species as well.

Thanks. I picked some Cyclopeze up today. I hate the packaging (frozen, the size of an XL candy bar) but it's all the LFS had. Good news is, both neons seem to like it.

animalmaster6, good idea - I had not thought about bloodworms. I'll bet they'd eat that.

The frozen Cyclopeeze is very good; I've had Trimmas, Eviotas, and neons eat it. It's the closest to their natural foods (copepods). Later on, you might try new life spectrum for small fish (small pellets).

Archived