What exactly are PODS?

clowe18

What are they? Through my research I came to the conclusion that they are small organism, that fish feed on. I want to know more about them.

should i stock my tank with them? why or why not?

what are the benifits of having them in my tank?

are they reef safe?

what organisms feed on them?

are there any draw backs to having them in my tank?

will they get sucked into my filter and cause damage?

where can i get some?

gulfsurfer101

I believe a southern california spiritual rock band that will invade your tank wether you like it or not.

Ok ok, they are small organisms that will make their way into your tank from your live rock and macro algea's and are a good scource of a clean up crew in your tank and are most bennificial in that way and as far as food for pod eating fish.

They are storage units that you can rent. They are delivered to your location, you pack them up then they are trucked away for safe, clean dry, keeping.

They are storage units that you can rent. They are delivered to your location, you pack them up then they are trucked away for safe, clean dry, keeping.

:lol:

That is exactly the same thing I thought when I saw this thread.

What are they? Through my research I came to the conclusion that they are small organism, that fish feed on. I want to know more about them.

should i stock my tank with them? why or why not?

If you have LR in your tank you should not need to buy Pods since they usually hitchhike in with the LR. If you are concerned about your Pod Population you can add them from time to time.

what are the benefits of having them in my tank?

They consume microscopic dead or decaying detritus. As well as provide a additional food source up the food chain. AK: Fish will eat them.are they reef safe?

YESwhat organisms feed on them?

Any carnivore, Fish or Invertare there any draw backs to having them in my tank?

Some fill they can be a nuisance to corals. I am not one of those.will they get sucked into my filter and cause damage?

NOwhere can i get some?

Reefcleaners or Reefs2go sale them.

:lol:

That is exactly the same thing I thought when I saw this thread.

Crap yall beat me to it. Those dang things are sooooooooooooooo much money. It was going to be like 2500-3000 to move from PA to NC with those things.

thanks for giving me a real answer. how will i know when they are in my tank?

Just look close and you will be able to see them. You will prob have to wait till the tank is a couple of monts old to see them though. They range is all sizes.

When ur lights in ur tank have been off for like an got at night get a flash light and u can see the big ones scurrying around they look like rollie pollies, and after ur tank has cycled for enough time u will eventually see a boom of them, they are crawling all over my glass now, they are tiny almost look like dust but they crawl around the grass!! Also if u have a fuge hopefully they will use the fuge to breed!! They are really cool!! I cam home today from class to find my glass covered in them!! I'm hoping my clowns will make a snack out of them in between meals!!

thanks for giving me a real answer. how will i know when they are in my tank?

Just look in the tank before your lights turn on you can usually see them running around. I find tons of them in my filter sock when I clean it.

Must be a bunch of board people on here today, with all the off the wall stuff being type. They must all be setting on a dock in Memphis TN waiting for the snow to melt. Like the Fedex package I paid $20.00 to have in PA by 10:30 AM today, still in TN.

Just look in the tank before your lights turn on you can usually see them running around. I find tons of them in my filter sock when I clean it.

Must be a bunch of board people on here today, with all the off the wall stuff being type. They must all be setting on a dock in Memphis TN waiting for the snow to melt. Like the Fedex package I paid $20.00 to have in PA by 10:30 AM today, still in TN.

:D must be a gas leak somewhere

I wondered the same in the beginning:

Co-Pods = 2 or more aliens inhabiting the same human.

Then someone corrected my pronunciation:

Co-PEE-Pod = a Co-Pod with prostate issues.

Archived