Coral Vue Hydros

Take out the foam strips that came in the jbj 28?

hoginme

Should I pull the foam strips out that are in between the chambers in the back or leave them in?

Depends on your plans for the tank. Let me ask you:

-Are you planning on leaving the tank completely 100% stock, while also planning on removing the sponges at least once per week to clean them and put them back in the tank?

If you answered no to any of that statement, remove them. Keep them somewhere though as i've found myself using them for odd and random purposes.

Doesn't the tank sound like a waterfall in the back without the strips? I pulled one once and it got pretty loud from the water draining.

Only if you keep your water level low in those chambers. I personally keep my water level consistently within an inch of the place where the water flows into those chambers, so there is no "waterfall" sound. The water doesn't have far to fall.

Only if you keep your water level low in those chambers. I personally keep my water level consistently within an inch of the place where the water flows into those chambers, so there is no "waterfall" sound. The water doesn't have far to fall.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. My problem is that my water level seems to go down pretty quick in the back chambers. I'm really thinking about trying out an ATO system due to this. Thanks, Vesian.

Which lighting version do you have? With my LED version I only have to put a glass of to water a day.

I just have the CF Quad hood. I'll most likely be upgrading to the LED hood pretty soon.

Get them out of there ASAP! What you will find is you want to keep your water level higher than the wall they cover which renders them useless. Plus they will just trap waste. As long as you keep the top of your media basket stocked with filter floss you will pull all the particles out of the water.

Speaking of water levels, if you have both pumps running at same time, keeping the water at same levels will prevent those micro bubbles from pumping into tank. BTW, also took out the sponges. Never in--never dirty.

Archived