SaltCritters.com

RO Filter at my work... Pic

Grape Nuts

Boss said I could have all of the RO water that I wanted. I mentioned for SW tank and he said "yah it has salt in it". I assume that is part of the filtration process and the water would work fine for my needs. Just wanted to run it past the board before I commit genocide on my tanks...

Thank, Ron

post-57427-1296147318_thumb.jpg

Boss said I could have all of the RO water that I wanted. I mentioned for SW tank and he said "yah it has salt in it". I assume that is part of the filtration process and the water would work fine for my needs. Just wanted to run it past the board before I commit genocide on my tanks...

Thank, Ron

IMO RO is not pure enough for a reef... you want RO/DI water ;)

I only see two canisters on there. That means there is limited stuff going on.....I do not see how two canisters could ever equal both RO and DI. Sorry :( Plus that "it has salt in it" makes me wonder.......

You could always test it for TDS and see what the numbers say. Still do not think it will be DI, but if it is low TDS then it is going to be better than a lot of the alternatives. Most LFS stores do not do DI anyway.....they sell RO water. At least around here.....

just a thought, if its indeed RO water and TDS is pretty low. buy yourself a DI filter ONLY, and run the RO water through it with a small pump. much cheaper than buying an RO/DI unit and still get the same RO/DI-ed water

Archived