d1ffd42e.jpg

Actinic only

43e68804.jpg

985f70ed.jpg

db696f7c.jpg

0a0c7733.jpg

b7464868.jpg

58540ed5.jpg

I also have another cured rock I'll ve adding to the top of my scape to fill the void.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brandolando4

take a video of that shrimp changing color! or a side by side picture comparison of the two colors!!

I'll try to get him with the flash. It changes in the dark to blend in better. So that'll be the only way I get him red.

I won't be able to get a vid sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19jeffro83

Finally adding to my list of inverts. Stopped by the lfs and picked up a gorgonian shrimp. Also grabbed an eight polyp piece of brightly colored sun coral for 10$. Good day pics up when I get em.

Finally adding to my list of inverts. Stopped by the lfs and picked up a gorgonian shrimp. Also grabbed an eight polyp piece of brightly colored sun coral for 10$. Good day pics up when I get em.

looking good ...what is the green leafy stuff in your tank called ..i used to have some of that in a 8 gallon biocube that have ...the girl i bought the tank from took the liverock out of the tank put it in her garage and it froze ...so it killed the grass ..i thought it was going to come back and then the water flow pump got a cutt in the wiring and fried it totally ...id like to get some more ..if you know what is called ...thanks

19jeffro83

Here's a bad pic of the gorgonian shrimp. He's got a really cool mouth on him looks verry specialized to me. I also found out that they are great a camouflage. He wen from brownish to green back to a tan brownish within minutes of introducing.

f12748ff.jpg

And a Fts.

f391ab52.jpg

Not sure on the seagrass. I'll check up and see if I can ID it.

animalmaster6

I know that shrimp. I forget the name though, it's something like Tokeuma Shrimp. Something like that...

19jeffro83

You got it AM. That's what it is. Very cool little guy. He still shy, I'm looking forward to him getting used to his new home and really getting to observe it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it's been a while since I updated I figured why not. So here's a quick fts and my new little friends.

ee50164c.jpg

eea57e06.jpg

c6c2e95e.jpg

The blue stripes are doing great eating a wide mix of frozen food 4-6 times a day in small amounts. I also had to increase water changes to 3 times a week to keep up w the feeding. So far so good. I'm hoping to spawn these bad boys. If they do I'll be building a kreisel system and I will be attempting to rear them as well as my harlequins young.

Here he is again he's acclimated and seems good so far. I watched him eat flakes at the store so I'm pretty sure he'll like the diet I'm feeding my pipefish.

d5cc62ae.jpg

You should search out a pair squared.

The shrimp is really neat. He's much more social and venturous now that there's fish in there.

To finalize this tank I'll be adding a flaming prawn goby and one more male sexy shrimp. The prwn goby is in the works. I have a connection to vet one for a nice price.

i really really want a pipefish, and once my fuge is up (and mebeh do pod cultures like alto) and i get my phosphate down, i think i could get one

but it'd get chopped in my koralia :(

so i'd need to find an asthetically pleasing cover for my filter intakes and koralia....

about how big are your pipes? do you think they could compete with a clown for food?

My female is about 3 inches and the male about 21/2. I have a small powerhead which they do fine w. I just shut it off during feeding. I don't think they could compete at all w the clown for food. They're pretty slow swimming but can deal w more current then you'd think. I read of people keeping them in reef tanks.

I feed small amounts of food 4-6 times a day. I was fortunate to find two that instantly accepted a few different frozen foods.

I love them and hope they do good. I have them in a smaller than recommended tank which I would not recommend to others. I'm very strict on their feeding and do enough water changes to keep up on it for now.

I think they may be ok but I personally wouldn't risk it. They are tiny and have quick metabolisms. I'm going to attempt to breed them for sure this is an excuse for me to build a Kreisel system if I can't breed them I'll rear my sexies, pom poms or harlequins.

well, would probaly get a bigger one for my tank.

then i dunno...one might overstock my tank.

o yeah and that shrimp you got in here is quite interesting

Archived