Coral Vue Hydros

Crab trap help!

brandolando4

So I know have two mystery crabs in my tank one is little and one is a little bigger like the size of a quarter and is quite hairy. I tried the inverted bottle trap and there was nothing in it... However for bait I used formula one meaty pellets, any way I need help getting theese d bags out asap!! Any better designs or better baits or better ideas??

Thanks guys

For the little crab he lives In a little hole can I just seal his whole with aquamend putty?! Would that work?!

From what I was told majority of hh crabs are ass holes!! And one of them is hairy, usually hairy crabs are dicks too! I really don't want my corals or my fish dead!

It is most likely a gorilla crab, which is indeed predatory. And you're correct in assuming a crab is harmful unless you put it in there on purpose.

Also FWIW both arrow crabs and emerald crabs are considered to be not reef safe.

I used a small glass medicine bottle and half buried it next to the hole I saw the crab near. I put mysis in there and within a couple hours caught it. Did it with a second one too. Try something like that. It takes time sometimes to catch these guys.

Cool thank you, im starting tiger a little nervous, and does anyone know if I can just seal the whole the little crab is in an hopefully kill him that way?!

Archived