Top Shelf Aquatics

My BC29 Led Build

racerfreak

jedimasterben

My count is still 42, I'm planning on switching the 1w to 3w LED's. This means my wattage will go up.

I am contemplating the cyan, but IDK... it scares me a bit that it will make too much green. My blue's already blend a bit and I like to have some white pop too. As far as adding WW or CW, I already find the CW pretty warm IMO. I actually removed the red LED in the center and swapped it with a Q4 CW LED. I want to add more red but not have it be so in my face red like the 1 red center led was. Maybe some WW will give me a closer magenta look I want or not? I'm also contemplating just adding more red uniformily to the tank, such ass 4 diodes instead of just 1. I love the magenta LED's and they might do the trick, I'm still unsure of how to get the color I want.

I really can't add any more LED's than what I have so anything else I'll be swapping. I guess if I swapp out LED's it'll force me to go DIY on my 20H tank.

Last time I had my lights running this is how they looked with my 3 settings (no red).

Cyan is not green like the green you are thinking it will be.

What do you mean by 'white pop'?

What 'magenta' LEDs are you looking at, the Panorama Stunners? If so, they're simply a mix of royal blue and deep red. There are 'pink' LEDs at Aquastyle which look to have an... interesting spectrum.

pink_LED.jpg

I've seen a few people that have used them before, but none really liked them. I don't think they knew how to blend them well, though, that may have been the issue.

Here is my current setup (now I know why everything is so blue :lol: ):

----------------------RB---RB--------------------

RB-CW-UV-CW-------------CW-UV-CW-RB

---------B-------B---B----B---B-------B--------

CW-RB-CW-RB-CW--CW-RB-CW-RB-CW

---------B-------B---B----B---B-------B--------

RB-CW-UV-CW-------------CW-UV-CW-RB

If I add cyan and deep red I'm thinking of going like this (includes the swapp to true violet):

RB-CW-TV-CW-------------CW-TV-CW-RB

---------B-DR-CY---B----B---CY-DR-B--------

CW-RB-CW-RB-CW--CW-RB-CW-RB-CW

---------B-DR-CY---B----B---CY-DR-B--------

RB-CW-TV-CW-------------CW-TV-CW-RB

I figured out I can add the deep red to my CW line, so I would then be at a total of 46 LED's w/ 96.6W @700mA.

Archived