Pod Your Reef

thinking mp10 not sure though input would be great

hoginme

So I bought a jbj HQI that I'm going to make SPS only mostly acro's. I have had my 27 bow front running for over 7years. I am taking this tank down slowly once the jbj is cycled. The jbj is stock now, but I'm working on upgrading, I just picked up a stevieT media rack. I have 2 korilas 2's in the bow front now. I am debating weather to just move the korillas to the jbj or invest in just 1 mp10. I looking for a pretty high flow set up for what I am wanting to keep. I am wanting to add a few clams down the road so...... any input would be greatly appreciated. With adding the korillas or the mp 10 would you upgrade the pumps in the back of the tank also, I am throwing around putting 2 900's in the place of the stock ones.

:welcome:

I love my MP10 and if you're doing a sps tank, the random flow will be great. Some say it's not worth it but those that have one (or want one) will say they're amazing.

talk to bioload. i talked him into buying one yesterday and he got it today. so might ask him his reactions.

all of us have them and love them. just say its an early bday present.

I have the same tank. Keep the stock returns and get the MP10. Run the stock returns on constant and the MP10 give great additional flow.

I had a koralia 2800 but it was too much for the small size of the tank. I had bare sand spots in the corner and I had the 2800 pointing upwards. I then got a koralia nano and this was a joke. Save yourself $ now and get the MP10.

I keep SPS and have have great polp extension during the day with great growth.

The only down side I find with the 150MH is that acro's brown slightly if I place them within 3"/4" of the top. Seems the 150MH is a bit too strong that high up.

Awesome, that's what I love about the hobby everyone is helpful when people need it. I'm going to pull the trigger and get one, now just to find the best deal. Any suggestions about what place to shop online that has deals. Seems $219-$220 is best I can find on-line with free shipping.

I think there's some places where you can get them for $200 shipped. There was a thread about it a few days ago so search the equipment forum or the general discussion forum. (tb aquatics or something like that rings a bell but I donno, I'm on my iPhone with edge network... so it's too slow to help ya out)

talk to bioload. i talked him into buying one yesterday and he got it today. so might ask him his reactions.

all of us have them and love them. just say its an early bday present.

Watch out for this guy...not only did he talk me into buying the mp10 but then he tried to talk me into leaving work early to play with it! :D

I set mine up last night which was extremely easy and quick. It took more time to remove my old pumps.After hooking everything up I put it in green constant mode at full speed to align the wet and dry halves. In about a minute it was whirring away and was almost silent....just a slight hum if you listen closely. Then I set it to random reef crest (yellow)and just let it run. In a word...AWESOME.The ramping up and down in speed produced a surge action that kicked up all kinds of detritus. A few corals initially closed but within an hour all looked happy with some noticeable increase in extension of polyps among a couple of my acros. The rest looked about normal.Time will tell.

Didn't have time to try different modes or put it in night mode which I'm not sure if I even want to do or not....I'm gonna at least try it.So after about 12h of use I can already say I love this thing.The reef crest random seemed to be more effective than any combination of pumps I've ever used with wavetimers. Another BIG plus in a small tank is its tiny footprint inside the tank,including no power cord in the tank.The tank looked way less cluttered with more open areas particularly where my nanostream was.

Admittedly I'm in the infatuation stage with pheromones raging but I'm in love!

Forgot to mention the tank is a BC29HQI.

congrats bio on the pick up mine should be here Tues, let me know if you set up night mode and how it performs

One of the best things I've ever gotten for my tanks in many years of reefing. This pump is just the best. I've had time to play with it now and tried different modes but keep going back to reef crest random. I'm getting better polyp extension with my acros than ever before and I thought I had plenty of flow. I haven't tried night mode and am not sure if I will....not sure of any advantage to it. Maybe someone who uses it can chime in?

Since its a bedroom tank the light from the LEDs was annoying my wife the first night so I programmed in auto-dim mode which dims the lights in a predetermined time....I used 10m.of inactivity. Cool feature.Wife happy! Also you can now power off the unit for as long as you want say for water changes or feeding, and when you power it back on all settings are saved.Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have!A little tip, go here to get the full manual because the quick start guide that comes with it doesn't explain all the features that well...theres a wealth of info but click on customer service/downloads and get the full manual...its like 30 pages and really explains all the cool features: http://ecotechmarine.com/

Archived