Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Shallow Cube

Zer0

Love the scape looks alot like Ajs and mine.

Check out my build. I love cubes just wish mine was shallow. So I could hang with cool crowd

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out my build. I love cubes just wish mine was shallow. So I could hang with cool crowd

Thanks golf. And i lurk on your build every time you update lol. It's definitely great. And don't worry, you can hang with the shallow crowd anytime. :P

Love it! Looks a little like what I was thinking buy different enough not to be the same!

Thanks Mr. Big. I do think it's a little un-original, but i couldn't help it. All of the rocks just seemed to fit perfectly into this shape. I tried so many other variations and none of them looks as natural as this.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep the suggestions and comments coming. Constructive criticism is what helps the most. :)

I love the scape so far. That lonely rock looks a little too big ( height wise). Looks like it would block the view of corals in the back if you were sittin on a chair lookin straight at the tank. But then again... i can't really tell because there's no shots looking directly into the tank.

I love the scape so far. That lonely rock looks a little too big ( height wise). Looks like it would block the view of corals in the back if you were sittin on a chair lookin straight at the tank. But then again... i can't really tell because there's no shots looking directly into the tank.

That's exactly what i was thinking at the moment. I think i might cut it in half and make it a zoa/paly island. Not sure though because it has a couple ledges near the bottom that i have plans for. But yeah, it does obstruct some of the view in the front of the tank. I'll see what i can do.

Scape looks real nice the way you have it. I am a fan of shelfs and ledges, I think your scape would be perfect if you incorporated at least one.

Look's good Zero. Nice Scape ;)

Where are you planning on placing power heads? With the amphitheatre type rock work in my 47 there is potential for a few pretty bad dead zones if you dont place your power heads right.

Mygolfisslow: Tank looks great I havent seen your thread before. The shallow tanks are the cool kids this days though..

Scape looks real nice the way you have it. I am a fan of shelfs and ledges, I think your scape would be perfect if you incorporated at least one.

Thanks urbaneks. I'll see what i can do about a shelf/ledge, but it may be a little hard because i don't have flat shelf pieces. Still, i'll see what i can do.

Look's good Zero. Nice Scape ;)

Where are you planning on placing power heads? With the amphitheatre type rock work in my 47 there is potential for a few pretty bad dead zones if you dont place your power heads right.

Mygolfisslow: Tank looks great I havent seen your thread before. The shallow tanks are the cool kids this days though..

Thanks AJ. Well, i have my return on the left side, and i'm going to be using a splitter so i'll basically be able to split the flow from the return in to two different directions. Should be good enough, and then i'll probably have a K1 high up on the right side. I do plan on directing one of the return lines behind the "C" shaped structure so i can get more flow back there, but i'll see what the flow is once i start filling it up.

Flow is my problem too. I can't decide how much is enough. I want sps and chalices so my flow need to be high. I would live the return to be enough but I know it won't be.

What is your thoughts on fish???

Flow is my problem too. I can't decide how much is enough. I want sps and chalices so my flow need to be high. I would live the return to be enough but I know it won't be.

What is your thoughts on fish???

Yeah same here with that return stuff/flow stuff. I may just get a larger return pump and keep it to the flow from just the return... Not sure though. I may have to go with a K1 or something, but i'm kind of iffy about it because it may take up too much room.

Thoughts on fish go like this.. One clown goby, or some type of goby/blenny, and then 3 or 4 orange-lined cardinals. That's it for fish.

Btw peewee, i took your advice and i chopped that lone rock in half so now it still looks great, but it's shorter and low profile so it doesn't get in the way of the main structure. I also filled in some of the gaps in the main rock structure with pieces of rubble so now it looks really awesome. The aquascape as a whole looks really nice now. I think i might stick with this setup. We'll see.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

mp10

mp10

Yep that will do unless you have a dead spot because of the amphitheatre style rockwork like in my tank. Get updating.

Doing the best I can AJ.. :P Life sucks with no money. But seriously, i haz a surprise for you all and i shall reveal in one more week.

:ninja:

AWWWWWWWWSNAP!!

5510642090_6e5543a1a7.jpg

my giesemann would look sick dude. not just cause i'm trying to sell it, but it really would. it's gonna be the cleanest looking install you could have. and the paint would even match.

i had mine mounted to a light bar. no visible hardware. i will see if i can find some pictures, but i don't think i have any. but i used self tapping screws. and i would send those with it so you can just slide it on. you could really make it look as clean as this WONDERFUL little mockup i made. my angle was a little off taking the picture, but you get the idea.

Damn... That would actually look baller. Dude i would so buy it but it's soo much light for my new scape. Plus.. I'm a broke ass college reefer that can't afford to buy something nice like that.. :/ As much as i would love to buy it, seriously i would, it's just not in my budget.

Keep that picture up there though.. It's nice to dream. :lol:

nice tank :)

I have the same tank haha...Its has been sitting dry for over 6 months! i have finally got all the stuffs for it...stand is built, skimmer is ready to roll, etc

I still need to put the light together and finish gluing the plumbing.

nice tank :)

I have the same tank haha...Its has been sitting dry for over 6 months! i have finally got all the stuffs for it...stand is built, skimmer is ready to roll, etc

I still need to put the light together and finish gluing the plumbing.

Nice dude. Is your tank glass or acrylic? How do you like the footprint? I hope mine doesn't stay dry for too much longer. Right now i'm moving on to the lighting, and then the sump/plumbing and then the cycling begins! Shouldn't take more than a month and half to get this up and running. Hopeully.. :P

I love the stand I built. I put so many days of work in to that thing.. God it was a nightmare i tell you. Nightmare considering all i had was a circular saw and an electric sander.

Nice dude. Is your tank glass or acrylic? How do you like the footprint? I hope mine doesn't stay dry for too much longer. Right now i'm moving on to the lighting, and then the sump/plumbing and then the cycling begins! Shouldn't take more than a month and half to get this up and running. Hopeully.. :P

I love the stand I built. I put so many days of work in to that thing.. God it was a nightmare i tell you. Nightmare considering all i had was a circular saw and an electric sander.

Mine is made by AA too, so is acrylic. I love the footprint. It's big enough (width and depth) but shallow enough to keep almost anything..also table coral would be awesome!

Let me tell you about making a stand with 2x4 with no tools lol....It's not pretty hah..

I am using a 10g sump that was given to me from the same person i bought the tank from, along with all the pumping and return pump. What return pump you are planning to use? I am using mag 3 with tee off on return.

What light you are using? I am building a 12 LED with no optics

Archived