Could this coral still be alive?

brandolando4

So i got waht i thought was a dead bleached piece of coral on top of my live rock, i picked it cuz it looked cool, it was white when i got it, it now seems to be a little more purple/pink. It also looks a little fuzzy and when i took the rock out today to burn the hydriods and put the rock back in all the fuzzy ness went away and i came back in 10 minutes the fuzzyness was back. Could theese be little tentacles?? Finally there is a little whole on the coral, and i can visiually see a little clear fan like structure sticking out swiping at the water and pulling back into the hole.. Any help would be awesome

post-61368-1295980347_thumb.jpg

post-61368-1295980370_thumb.jpg

Looks like coralline algae. ( Is it hard or soft?)The fan thing is a mini feather duster. Fuzzy stuff( dont realy know what type of algae, if that) is but I get that in my tank and as soon as I wipe it off bam, it's back. LOL Yes, things do live off and grow on dead coral. Coral , once dead(not almost dead), does'nt come back. And it is possible to take it out of the water and then put int back in only to see the stuff alive. They hide inside the pores( little holes) of the coral.

its hard and the fuzzies are well...fuzzy ...ok so feather thing is good dont kill it

. Ok the chunk of white is is very hard.

It looks dead, but give it some time. It's possible (I've had it happen) where a minuscule amount of flesh left in some cracks could end up spreading and re-growing...

Very, very bleach but still can be alive. Gonna have to really on feeding to keep it alive, gonna take months if not years to look normal if it does recover.

Archived