API Test Kits

will25u

I have API's Freshwater Kit with Regular PH, High Range PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate. Only thing is the card is for freshwater. Is there a difference in the card colors from fresh to saltwater? I searched on the forum here and saw a few threads on it, but no answer to what I'm looking for. I did email API and ask them if there's a way to obtain the saltwater card without buying a whole new test kit, but we'll see if I get a reply before the cycle should be complete.

I'm guessing the API freshwater card for Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate aren't the same colors as the saltwater?

I did a test for Ammonia today and on my freshwater card it came to .50.

Thanks, StevieT.

It's strange because on my freshwater card at home, my ammonia came out to match 0.50. On that site, it matches the 0.25 saltwater card. My nitrite was zero. The nitrate is odd because it came out to match 5.0 on the freshwater and matches the 10 on the saltwater card you posted perfectly.

How in the world can there be nitrates on day 2?!

qwiksilver711
Thanks, StevieT.

It's strange because on my freshwater card at home, my ammonia came out to match 0.50. On that site, it matches the 0.25 saltwater card. My nitrite was zero. The nitrate is odd because it came out to match 5.0 on the freshwater and matches the 10 on the saltwater card you posted perfectly.

How in the world can there be nitrates on day 2?!

sometimes you will see nitrates before the cycle really starts, because the die off from the lr and ls isnt that bad yet, the ammonia should spike a bit more, and when that happens you may see a decrease in nitrates, or at least they would level off

Archived