Cultivated Reef

Food Grade 55G water storage

24nanoguy

Facepalm.

Ok, vinegar won't do you any good in this situation. Vinegar is used to remove calcium deposits. Something syrup has nothing in common with.

Best bet is doing as HD suggested and using tap water to let the sugars dissolve. Once that is done, dump that water. Rinse and dump several more times. Disinfect with bleach. Once everything has been bleached out, rinse two more times for good measure. Let it dry, then use it for the RO unit.

Facepalm.

Ok, vinegar won't do you any good in this situation. Vinegar is used to remove calcium deposits. Something syrup has nothing in common with.

Best bet is doing as HD suggested and using tap water to let the sugars dissolve. Once that is done, dump that water. Rinse and dump several more times. Disinfect with bleach. Once everything has been bleached out, rinse two more times for good measure. Let it dry, then use it for the RO unit.

Yeah they are soaking now with tap water. I'll rinse a few more times, then drop a gallon of beach in with the tap water, and repeat.

These weren't advertised as "ready for water storage" so I knew I would have to clean them prior to using them.

So bleach it it...and rinse like a mofo....

Facepalm.

Did not even think about it that way. I was just thinking about it as something acidic in general.

Archived