SaltCritters.com

My Osaka 75 gallons reef

Dani3d

I started here with a 21 gallons nano a year and half ago and 10 months ago decided to buy a brand new Osaka aquarium and go with a larger reef so that I could put more coral and have a better ecosystem. Next step will be a 200 gallons or more :)

Here is my reef...

75 gallons

250 watt metal halide 14k and 2 x actinic

Deltec 300 skimmer

Canister filter for charbon and floss

Dosing calcium, magnesium and KH daily with BRS kit.

Salt: IO Reef Crystal (my zoanthids prefer that salt by far).

1.025 salinity

ammonia, nitrites, nitrates 0

Calcium 420

Mag 1350

KH 7

Fish:

1 Niger Trigger (a real sweetheart!)

1 Copperband butterfly

1 Green mandarin

3 pajama cardinal

1 clown fish

a few turbo and BH crabs.

Corals are a mix of pretty much everything. SPS, LPS and soft, mixed with lots of microalgae.

Not a conventional reef with all these microalgae everywhere but I need them as I don't have room for a sump in my Osaka :( Nitrates are always undetectible.

MG_0505.jpg

MG_0507.jpg

MG_0550.jpg

zoanthid2.jpg

MG_2392.jpg

MG_2320.jpg

MG_2300.jpg

great work! I really like your aquascaping

my next tank is going in the finished basement and will be 180 or bigger.. (insert tool man tim taylor grunt)

thanks :) At first I had 2 separated isle of rocks but then I decided to put a plate to join the 2 and give my fish some little cave to rest. There is plenty of swimming room behind as well so the rock do not rest on the back glass.

great work! I really like your aquascaping

my next tank is going in the finished basement and will be 180 or bigger.. (insert tool man tim taylor grunt)

i take it you use epxoy or something to secure them?

Here is my current aquascape (the left side i really like.. but i ust built up the right side last night.. it needs some tuning :)

168897_172742802769760_100001021233256_389052_2232825_n.jpg

I only added one rock to the left side last night (big birdsnest and an acro rock)

I could see myself probably redoing the right side in the next couple days.

179283_170516629659044_100001021233256_375713_7792490_n.jpg

Really nice rockwork. should look awesome when colonized with corals.

I used tie wrap to hold my rock. I could never get the expoxy putty to hold on wet liverock and of course crazy glue is not strong enough. Tie wrap is quite easy to hide as well in my rock because I have Totoka with lots of relief. So far is it holding well.

i take it you use epxoy or something to secure them?

i've never used epoxy i usually just stack them and wiggle as I stack to make it more secure.. there is always the chance a snail could ruin things though lol

I definitely like the style man. The in the wall system is gorgeous. Would you be willing to put pictures up of how you access it? For feeding maintenance and such?

Archived