Top Shelf Aquatics

Remora Skimmer Skimmate

nbavf6

I am running a remora c problem is I am not skimming as heavy as I think I should be. The cup is as low as it will go. How can I get a wetter skim. I could go for 2 months and not fill the cup, granted that it dark dark dark but i wish it would skim a little bit more. Any ideas how to increase bubbles to get it up into the collection cup. Running a MJ1200 and a rio 800. Have two tanks and both have the same problem and I dont want to get a mag 3. Thanks for you help.

I am running a remora c problem is I am not skimming as heavy as I think I should be. The cup is as low as it will go. How can I get a wetter skim. I could go for 2 months and not fill the cup, granted that it dark dark dark but i wish it would skim a little bit more. Any ideas how to increase bubbles to get it up into the collection cup. Running a MJ1200 and a rio 800. Have two tanks and both have the same problem and I dont want to get a mag 3. Thanks for you help.

I had the same problem with mine..

take it out, clean the inlet by taking out the screw. Also clean the nozzle and the platform it's pointing at. Then put it back in the box and give it away :lol:

burtbollinger

i have run mine for years on a variety of nanos...with the reccomended cleaning schedule...never produces much more that what the OP is experiencing.

When mine was on my 55G, it pulled a ton, on my 24 aquapod, it is sloooow. If you start vodkaing it , it will become alot more active.

I am dosibg vodka and the skim is black but I have maybe an ounce in a week. I'll try cleaning it tonight and see what comes of it. Thanks for suggestions

On my display tank, I ended up putting in the largest pump recommended for the Aqua C Remora Pro and I got a big jump in skim mate.

However, every few months, there is a drop in skim mate, and that's my signal to do a thorough cleaning...

Archived