ReefCleaners.org

Would you pay a $1,000 for a seahorse?

basser1

People keep thinking this is a pair....it is not...

"This is a single Fish, and the image is showing both sides for reference."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real heart of the matter, thats not being addressed, is would you buy an eco aqualizer.

just clicked the link. looks neat, tops out about $90 including variation adjustment its a great horse no doubt but can you imagine if it was the runt of the herd and became sickly or something for no fault of your own, thats a huge investment. any good seller would provide a pedigree and a lot of conditions for that price, such as if it dies ever you get a 95% refund.

LOL .......no way in hell. I wouldn't even pay that much for a rainbow seahorse that had as many colors as the most expensive chalice on earth.

I can see a breeder making a good bit of money if they are able to make a hybrid seahorse with those colors, in that sense I think 1k is not a bad investment.

Hell yeah! And walk them around my chain link fence!

http://www.orafarm.com/blog/?p=16

Normally they are black and white. That one's yellow, so it's all WHOA!

I think I like the black and white one better. Neither is worth 1k though. I bet that on sits on DD for a while before they put it on "sale". Kind of like their Candy Basslets that are $300-$400 more than they can be found for elsewhere. I do like the DD, but sometimes their prices get a little nuts.

I saw that seahorse earlier today. Lol @ ORA's description:

"They display blotches of black and white throughout their body; hence their name. This color pattern may or may not be permanent."

That is alot for a seahorse but not really unusually

all of those who want seahorses this is a great place to check Ocean Rider also has some pricey Seahorses.

they don't sell locally here though lol

not most expensive marine organism available to hobbyist I think the Gem Tang is around $3500 or so

Now this is really weird lol! I had also posted this over on RC. But guess what? When you click on the link I posted, the page "mysteriously" disappeared! Could RC have taken it down? Are they protecting one of their main sponsors? The link here on NR still works, btw.

That is alot for a seahorse but not really unusually

all of those who want seahorses this is a great place to check Ocean Rider also has some pricey Seahorses.

you see the ocellaris in there for $60 and the bangaii caridinals for $70? what a joke

Archived