Innovative Marine Aquariums

24 Gallon Nano Cube- Sunpod?

fielder0024

Hi. I am new to this site but my tank has been up and running since April. Up until about a month ago my tank has been doing exceptionally well but recently it took a tur for the worse. My lighting went bad and I didnt realize until my torch coral and bubble coral started to bleach. I replaced the lights as soon as I could but the corals dont seem to be responding to it. Ive been doing a lot of research looking into the tanks of the month and see that most if not all run a sunpod. Im willing to shell out the extra money so my tank thrives but before I do I want to make sure that it is worth it. I know halides run hot so I dont want to have to spend an extra $300 on a chiller too. My tank is currently stocked with some mushrooms, several colonies of zoas, some LPS (Duncan, Torch, Bubble) and 2 anemones (1 actually split into two healthy pieces under my old lighting). Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot.

I will post up pics later when I get a chance.

Specs are:

temp 82

nitrate .2-.4

nitrite .4

Ammonia 0-.2

SG 1.020

Specs are:

temp 82

nitrate .2-.4

nitrite .4

Ammonia 0-.2

SG 1.020

You shouldn't be able to detect any ammonia or nitrite. Also, SG should be 1.025 for corals. My guess is that this is why you are having problems.
You shouldn't be able to detect any ammonia or nitrite. Also, SG should be 1.025 for corals. My guess is that this is why you are having problems.

^^^^ What he said. I would suggest a few water changes, get your salinity up to at least 1.024-1.025 and things will look much better.

Bring the salinity up slowly though, bump it a little with water cahnge #1, then a little more with change #2.

Maybe 20% changes....

Might try to get the temp down a couple degees too...

Archived