Innovative Marine Aquariums

jcieutat's 34G Solana

jcieutat

After telling myself I would never do this again, here I am. I had a 70 Gallon SW tank for years and when we added hardwood flooring, I sold it. I decided after a while to go smaller this time and I hope I do not regret it!

Equipment

34G Solana

Tunze 9002 Skimmer

Vortech MP10ES

Tunze 6015

Aqua Illuminations Sol Blue

Tunze Osmolator

Aqueon 100W Heater

DIY Screen Top

RO/DI Unit

8/23/11

DSC_3366.jpg

DSC_3361.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nice looking tank. Where did you get that wood top for the tank? Did you make it or buy it somewhere?

I ordered it from Marine Depot. It is made to fit our tanks.

I added two skunk clowns and a nice frogspawn yesterday. Today, I hooked up the Tunze Osmolator. I am very impressed with this thing.

I added two skunk clowns and a nice frogspawn yesterday. Today, I hooked up the Tunze Osmolator. I am very impressed with this thing.

the osmolator is a very nice piece of equipment....your making me really want to get the trim for my tank as well but at the same time i love the rimless look

I went with the top because in the past I had a few jumpers! It also keeps my two girls from the temptation of putting items in the tank!

where did you get those bars to hang the light unit?

I ordered it from marinedepot with the light. The mount is made by Current USA

• 1 month later...

Any updates yet? how's everything going so far?

i just notice you live next state to me.. not so far but at least 1 hour and half. :) Is there any good LFS around your area?

Lets just say that it has been a journey! My T5 light crapped out after less than two months. I ordered the AI Sol Blue LED which still has not even shipped to the seller. I borrowed a neighbors old MH and the bulb went out after 1 day. Buy a new bulb$$$ and two days later one of my clowns splashed water on the glass lens shattering it. So now I had to order a replacement glass$$. Last week, I decided to rescape a little bit and the osmolator line went under the water without me know causing a siphon to dump around 3 gallons of water onto my handscraped wood flooring. Other than that everything is going just dandy!

All that aside, it is progressing pretty well. I have added a few corals since my last pic. It is funny how quick you run out of room in a nano tank. I just can't wait to get my new fixture in.

There are a five really good LFS in my area. I just discovered one last week that is very close to my office that pretty much only carries high end frags. They operate out of their house but have an online store as well. The shipping is really cheap. Since your so close, check out the Louisiana Reef Club site.

I plan on taking a few pics this weekend. I have a Nikon SLR but just can't get the pics to come out right for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Been waiting on the lighting equipment. I am gonna make a Lowes run tomorrow and see if I cant modify something to make my mount work. I already failed once with some aluminum.

saltwatercoral

Your AI lights are real nice! like the new pics!!! You said somthin about the Thunderstorm model? What is that?

saltwatercoral

LOL, I just look closer and you said Thunderstorm Mode not model... I have my light but have not played much at all with them yet, as you can tell.

• 2 weeks later...
How's your tank doing with the AI? What settings do you run?

It is doing really well. I have it turning on at 9 am (sunrise) and turning off at 10 pm (lunar). The fixture peaks from 11am - 4pm at 34%W, 40%BL, and 40%RB. I think I have 8 light cycles programmed right now. I have been inching it up every week a little bit. Overall, the look of the tank is 100% better. I am still tweaking with the settings until I get it exactly where I want it. Maybe I should read through the entire manual!

• 5 months later...

Archived