Coral Vue Hydros

A simple 20L

miniwhinny

Last week I picked up an ORA Blue Cespitularia (blue zenia) WOW!!!!!!!! Under LED's it literally sparkles like it's filled with glitter. I took some pics to show what it's like but my camera skills aren't very good. These pics ARE photoshopped to up the contrast but what you're seeing really is what they are like. I've always avoided zenia because of how it takes over but this is so stunning the way the glitter sparkles as it moves (plus it's a gorgeous blue color) that I couldn't resist getting it.

010b.jpg

010a.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll definitely frag it when it's bigger :D .It's one of the most stunning corals I've ever seen. I'm not sure how the glitter would show under different types of lights but for sure under LEDs it literally "sparkles".

Fantastic tank. Love the maxi mini nems. Good livestock selection too.

Thanks :D . Having a self imposed slow down for a while as I've added so many new things over the past month. I want to let everything settle in now....."if" I can resist ;)

I took these pics of the colors in the new ones I got yesterday....POOR quality pictures (my bad) but stunning little animals

editcarpet4.jpg

editcarpet3.jpg

editcarpet2.jpg

editcarpet1.jpg

doppelganger
Okay, I'm addicted. I realize it. I need help.

...and these pictures do NOT do them justice !!!!

312201120La.jpg

:D

awesome! at least you admit you need help ;) Can't wait to see them in ur tank!

awesome! at least you admit you need help ;) Can't wait to see them in ur tank!

Will take pics as soon as the settle in (which they've pretty much done) - right after my AA meeting (Anemones Anonymous) :D

Thank you all :D

I'm really addicted to these creatures.

I've also "discovered" by countless hours of watching them that they seem to be hermaphrodites. I've seen two of three of them sending out sperm and a couple of days later the very same nem - send out eggs. I'm wondering if they are self fertilizing the eggs before releasing. I'd LOVE to try to raise some.

This nem....

3162011g-2.jpg

did this about 30 minutes ago....

318201120La.jpg

318201120Lb.jpg

318201120Lc.jpg

very nice tank mini. it's so awesomely unique haha

Thanks Dasani,

getting withdrawls...nothing new for almost a week lol ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Epic win, needs an update.

Thanks so much :D I'm tagging along with your maxi build...it's looking awesome too!

Wish I could give an update...I'm desperate to buy more but we live 3 hours from the closest "big city" and our town only has one small saltwater store :tears: I'm trying to convince hubby that he needs to go to Portland for something...just trying to think of what hahahaha. Guess I should just tell him I NEED MORE MAXI's...he's a good sport - he'd go lol.

Archived