inTank Media Baskets

A simple 20L

miniwhinny

Pic of how you mounted the rapids over the tank ? Curious..

I made a stand with PVC pipe spray painted black. I bought 3 shop lights from wallyworld (about $6 each) and then zip tied (double zipped for safety) the lights to the frame. Very simple to do, very cheep to do and it looks sharp when the lights are on.

005-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks really good mini..love the pics of the nems.

Thanks :D . I'm eagerly awaiting an overnight package from Reef Gardener that's due to arrive before noon...pics will follow after acclimation :)

... :o .. its like the t1000... soo coool...

:D

haha it is like the t1000 lol. He just loves that nem too. I dropped him in it after acclimating and he hasn't moved since.

That stand is slick. I want to do one that's quite a bit taller....it's for a 20L on a stand. So total height will be around 6 feet tall. Think 1/2" PVC will hold? I doubt it. Or should I go ahead and use 3/4" PVC?

Wow mini, that lighting rig is awsome. Its amazing how something so simple (and cheap) can look so good.

Following along

gg

Mine is 1/2". If you can brace it at the top of the stand then you'll be fine with 1/2" but if it's going to be free standing for the whole 6' I'd go with 3/4" just to sure. Not sure what lamps you're going with. I've been told the Rapid's are heavy compared to others...that may be correct but the 1/2" can easily handle the cross bar weight.

Wow mini, that lighting rig is awsome. Its amazing how something so simple (and cheap) can look so good.

Following along

gg

Thanks gutterguy. I'm not that good at DIY so I even surprised myself lol and it was so easy to make! It looks good, it was very cheep AND because it's not suspended from the ceiling or wall I can move it right out of the way on tank maintenance days :)

What are your stocking plans?

I think the tank decided for itself :) I can't get any bottom dwellers because of all my fish eating maxi's and haven't been able to find anything that's caught my eye that swims. In the mean time I've been stocking with inverts so I think I'll keep the tank a no fish zone.

Just a couple of pics so I can log growth :)

New Duncans. These have a great teal green color with pinkish tentacles. I've been looking for some for a while now but haven't spotted the perfect ones 'til I found these.

017.jpg

and of course some more maxi shots

014-1.jpg

New Maxi's...they're all very p***ed off because they just got scraped off their rocks. Sure wish I could get the colors right...the pale one is pale yellow and orange but the pictures don't show it.

max1.jpg

max2.jpg

max3.jpg

max4.jpg

It's a Tupperware "soup" container lol They we're pretty ticked off so the size ranged from nickle to about 2 inches.

They just got pulled out and put on their new rock. I'll take pics tomorrow when they're feeling happy. They're already opening up again :D

This is the first time I've 'scaped and really not liked what I'm seeing...but I'm leaving it because I also realize that I'm having to look at the bigger picture (the tank full of corals). I'm going to cover the smaller flat piece to the right with maxi nems. The red circle is my first ric (yes, it's TINY !!! lol)...I'm going to cover the bottom with them.

Behind the flat rock I'm going to get black eggcrate and 'scape some rocks up the back wall. I have three Rapid PAR 38 LED's - I'm going to buy two more PAR 30 or38's that are all blues

:D

31201120Lb.jpg

i really like the new scape..! didn't realize till now this was barebottom..?! lol, but looks good, that maxi-nem pad on the right will look great! (originally wrote maxi-pad... )

i really like the new scape..! didn't realize till now this was barebottom..?! lol, but looks good, that maxi-nem pad on the right will look great! (originally wrote maxi-pad... )

HAHAHHAHA :o Yeah, It'a already looking pretty good...gonna look better as I get more :D

It is BB. I actually did some moving last week and painted the underside black (can't balance my camera against the blue LED's which is why it looks blue). I like how the corals pop against the dark color. I'm planning on filling it with rics.

Looks great can't wait to start my 20L over the summer. Right now it is sitting on the stand empty with light and filter . With a nemo puzzle in it. LOL

Looks great can't wait to start my 20L over the summer. Right now it is sitting on the stand empty with light and filter . With a nemo puzzle in it. LOL

Oh, you must have tremendous self control...I know I'd never be able to wait that long lol :D

looking good dude the scape looks pretty sweet

Thanks. In the past I've focused too much on how the rocks look rather than how they will look with corals on them. I'm trying to do that this time.

Sweet clean set up Mini.

Love the collection as well.

Very nice!

:) Thanks. I'm practicing great self control (which is really hard) not to impulse buy but to only gets things I really want. So far, so good :D

It actually has been sitting like this since Sept of last year. Waiting to get a new window and sheet rock

( stupid leak) so I can paint then it will be set up. I have 3 other tanks to play with Till I transfor the 12 to the 20.

Archived