ReefCleaners.org

How should i clean a used tank.

wrxpip

i just bought an empty hqi 28g nano, what i want to know is since this is used i believe it has built up calcium that is dried on the bottom of the back chambers. My hands wont fit all the way down there so I want to know what is the best to way to clean it, i know not to use any chemicals so what alternative should i use? any advice would help.

i just bought an empty hqi 28g nano, what i want to know is since this is used i believe it has built up calcium that is dried on the bottom of the back chambers. My hands wont fit all the way down there so I want to know what is the best to way to clean it, i know not to use any chemicals so what alternative should i use? any advice would help.

Distilled vinegar will work. Add one gallon vinegar and 27 water. Leave it running with pumps on for a day or so.

Hydor makes a new product called "magi-klean." It is great for pumps and anything with stubborn calcium deposits. More expensive than vinegar- but it also works better and faster IMO.

just did the vinegar method, i found a minor leak on the bottom of the tank, that leads to the main part of the glass. no leak on the outside just the inside. Should i patch it up or it wouldnt matter. If i do what should i use to patch it?

just did the vinegar method, i found a minor leak on the bottom of the tank, that leads to the main part of the glass. no leak on the outside just the inside. Should i patch it up or it wouldnt matter. If i do what should i use to patch it?

I don't think it's much of a problem. But if it bugs you, you can use aquarium silicon. Depending on the color, you can choose to use black or clear. You can google it and find some, or visit your lfs.

Archived