LED's and SPS

Carriegiesler

Carriegiesler

Has anyone had success with SPS under LED's? What was your exsprience with growth rate? Color? Did you find your corals colors fading or browning?

Worried I will not get the same color in my corals with the AI Led's as I did with the MH.

Please give me your feedback/exspriences.

Thanks

I buy my frags from a metal halide tank, and when I put them in my LED lit tank it's like an entirely different coral colorwise. Growth rates are terrific out of my SPS and zoa's. Monti's and birdsnest's are weeds. I'll put up a picture later

+1

running about 360 gallons of sps dominated tanks that are all under Cree LEDs, anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Initially had issues with paling corals but much of that has subsided with time and dimming to lower currents. Colors on everything aren't perfect, but most are excellent and have much better luck making everything pretty than I did with various MH lamps. Growth is phenomenal when everything else in the tank is in order.

I buy my frags from a metal halide tank, and when I put them in my LED lit tank it's like an entirely different coral colorwise. Growth rates are terrific out of my SPS and zoa's. Monti's and birdsnest's are weeds. I'll put up a picture later

Archived