Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AHHHHH flatworms

05XRunner

WTF..So I setup a 20L tank..i used all my rock from my previous tank..I boiled all that rock first..I bought 1/4cup of live sand and 1 piece of rock about 2" around from damn LFS and i get flatworms with it..i havnt been in this in a while are these the ones that wont harm anything. I can never remember

IMG_0371.jpg

those guys wont hurt anything but they will multiply and become an eyesore

+1.I had a huge outbreak in my last tank fortunately my mandarin ate them all..

cool then I guess I wont worry about them for now. maybe I will get a ORA mandarin down the road if they become to much of an issue

northstar1357

Hey! welcome to the club of FW! haha, my tank is also infested with those flatworms. it started out as probably 20 and now its over 1000 at least. FREAKing little monsters

+1.I had a huge outbreak in my last tank fortunately my mandarin ate them all..

Is it typical that Mandarins will eat them, or were you just lucky?

yes get rid of them if they bother you, but controlling them involves not feeding your tank much or at all. these are like everyone else says just the regular detritis and deposit grazing flatworms. mine I see on the glass all of the time. they stay out of bright light too so not really an eye sore unless there are many of them. These should not cause any problems for your tank if they die, they are not poisonous, unlike the coral eating ones.

Archived