Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

$8 LFS Zoas

Monochrome5

Hey guys. I saw this little frag at the LFS for $8 and had to pick it up!! 21 heads. Not bad for $8, eh?

I think there are two or three species on the frag. If anyone could let me know what these guys are called I'd really appreciate it!

I'm still learning how to photograph a reef, so please don't hold the mediocre pictures against me :)

The Trio(?)

ZoaLabeled.jpg

1 and 2 may be the same species... I think 2 is just your basic reddish/brownish zoas that every LFS sells. More shots of 3 below.

The Pretty Ones - Actinics

Crop2.jpg

The Pretty Ones - 10000k

Crop3.jpg

Thanks for the help guys!

Those are some really beautiful zoanthids you got there for 8$. Definitely a steal. Your pictures are way better than mediocre.

They were shoved in a corner under some chaeto in a little 5g coral rubble tank. They were pretty pale when I saw them, but the yellow was still pretty bright. I asked the LFS guy about them and he didn't even know they were in the tank. They've gotten some incredible color back after only 24 hours in my tank. Hopefully they grow like crazy!

What LFS did you get them at? I was just at Tideline today and didn't see them - nice grab....

Oh another Chucktown reefer!!!

I got them at Age of Aquariums. Not the best place for coral, but it's right around the corner from my place. Like I said, they weren't in their coral tank. They were shoved in the tiny little chaeto holding tank (which also had a sea hare in it...)

qwiksilver711
I've been looking there with no luck.

I think the problem is that I'm colorblind...

i know how you feel mono, I can see colors, but mainly its pretty much all close to the same colors, but i dont trust my wife to pick coral, because i think she has bad taste... i'm kinda screwed, i'm looking forward to showing my colorblind reef off a few years from now lol

The green ones with orange center look like green bay packer zoos. I have some that look pretty similar to those and that's what mine were id as.

i know how you feel mono, I can see colors, but mainly its pretty much all close to the same colors, but i dont trust my wife to pick coral, because i think she has bad taste... i'm kinda screwed, i'm looking forward to showing my colorblind reef off a few years from now lol

Ha! I hate it when people go "Man, you need something blue in your tank" and you've thought your fairy wrasse (which you've had for 4 years) was blue... True story (and before everyone yells at me for a wrasse in an 8g... he's not! He's happy and fat in my 115g).

The green ones with orange center look like green bay packer zoos. I have some that look pretty similar to those and that's what mine were id as.

Hmmm... Similar, but mine don't seem to be quite as "hulk smash!" green as the Green Bay Packers on coralpedia. Then again, it could be my colorblindness :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived