Pod Your Reef

reefer38's 38 gallon reef -HAWKFISH-

reefer38

Just came back from the LFS with my final fish addition. its an arc-eyed hawkfish. hes about 2"-2.5" inches. i will post pics of him and the acans and kenya trees as soon as i get my dads camera again. until then, can you guys give me any words of advice for the hawkfish? thanks in advance!

edit: i also moved a few dwarf cerith and hermits into my 2.5 aiptasia pico along with the emerald crab cause it was eating the macro algae

one of the least reef safe hawkfish I have heard, will eat the inverts (shrimp & CUC) and probably all your fish when adult. pretty coral safe though.

I used to catch them all the time (yes from the ocean) , they are neat fish

good looking tank :)

one of the least reef safe hawkfish I have heard, will eat the inverts (shrimp & CUC) and probably all your fish when adult. pretty coral safe though.

I used to catch them all the time (yes from the ocean) , they are neat fish

good looking tank :)

thanks for the pointers. thats deffinatley good to know. i will keep an eye on him and if he get too aggresive i will take him back to the lfs

stumbled upon a frag swap/ coral raffle today at the lfs. brought hom two small zoanthid colonies and a small rock with some blue cloves. pictures coming soon

new pictures here.

100_2279.jpg

FTS 5/8/2011

100_2273.jpg

kenya trees

100_2275.jpg

blue clove polyps

100_2278.jpg

new mushrooms popping up

100_2282.jpg

halimeda

100_2301.jpg

100_2302.jpg

new zoanthids

100_2295.jpg

100_2296.jpg

arc-eyed hawkfish

• 3 weeks later...

fragged off a stalk of xenia and a few mushrooms on the 15th. just took the mesh off of the xenia (pics coming soon) but still waiting for the mushrooms to attach to the shells.

Archived