Top Shelf Aquatics

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

Too jealous to formulate words about the thunder storming LEDs.

I saw that you have the R.O. 1000SSS - I have the 2000SSS running on my 40 and my god they are beast. I'm interested in seeing your review on yours as I was going to go with that one.

I am definitely following this build, Every time you pump something amazing out.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thunderstorm while really cool to see makes me wonder if it is doing anything for the coral at all. I have mine set at 25% chance of storms 1 time per day. Have seen only one in the three weeks I have had the unit. My house has a L shape. Woke up one morning, looked out the bedroom window and I see what looks like a fire in the living room window. Rush out there and it is the damn thunderstorm happening. :o:huh::P

Not my tank but you get the idea. The lights actually dim at the start to simulate cloud cover moving in.

They last for about 10 minutes or so.

Too jealous to formulate words about the thunder storming LEDs.

I saw that you have the R.O. 1000SSS - I have the 2000SSS running on my 40 and my god they are beast. I'm interested in seeing your review on yours as I was going to go with that one.

I am definitely following this build, Every time you pump something amazing out.

I'll let you know as soon as I get it fired up how it runs. :) Thanks for the kind words!

The thunderstorm while really cool to see makes me wonder if it is doing anything for the coral at all. I have mine set at 25% chance of storms 1 time per day. Have seen only one in the three weeks I have had the unit. My house has a L shape. Woke up one morning, looked out the bedroom window and I see what looks like a fire in the living room window. Rush out there and it is the damn thunderstorm happening. :o:huh::P

I don't think it helps the corals or fish in the slightest, but it looks just too freakin cool! ;)

thunderstorm? omg! i gotta see this

So whatcha think? ;)

Not my tank but you get the idea. The lights actually dim at the start to simulate cloud cover moving in.

Thanks for the link, been looking for a good video of it!

I have the bar finally finished! Grout is all done, just need to seal it (quick job for another night); need to do some acrylic work including finalizing my sump design. Oh, and re-charge my camera battery. :(

Oh hell yeah, pulling up a chair.

Lol, thanks!

Coool.

thanks!

That's sick!

Thank you very much!

Awesome tank calvin415!! can't wait to see it stocked. Had one question tho, do you know if the AI sol is good enough to grow sps and acro?

Thanks and yes. I got the Sol so the I can dim it down to avoid burning the Acros I'm planning.

Updates! NOWW

Ok... Uh my battery is still dead. :(

Guess you'll have to settle for my phone...

Grout is done, working on finishing under the tank, but the tank is drilled and ready for some PVC pipe.

Need to build my sump still along with an overflow box, but I have my designs finished and really stoked with my ATS design. :). Also just ordered the last of my pieces to build a safety into my ATO since it will be fed from a 55 gallons drum. If it were to fail, 55 gallons of oops.

2011-02-14211836.jpg

2011-02-14212015.jpg

2011-02-14212031.jpg

2011-02-14212117.jpg

• Like 1
Wow that looks really good Calvin...love where you placed the bulkheads.

Thanks!

Looks amazing! Sorry to pressure you into posting....but at least we got what we needed.

Yeah, yeah sure you're not. ;)

+1 lol

-1 ftw!

looks awesome, i can't wait to hang my AI

Thanks!

Love that counter top!

Looking forward to seeing this evolve some more.

Thanks!

Once again Cal supplies the reef sexy.

55 gallons of oops sounds unpleasant at best.

LOL! Thanks! Yeah 55g's would make a huge mess...

Alright, call me crazy, but I decided to plumb in a second 55g drum and I ran a line from my 175g mixing barrel. I now have 110 gallons of ATO water available and a hose near by for instant water changes as needed.

That would give my fish heart attacks! Every last one of them.

That would give my fish heart attacks! Every last one of them.

I doubt it... ;)

Okay, camera battery is charged... Er at least was until I started taking all kinds of pics. ;)

Sump is built, but a few tweaks are still needed.

DSCN6137.jpg

DSCN6141.jpg

DSCN6152.jpg

DSCN6151.jpg

DSCN6148.jpg

DSCN6143.jpg

DSCN6154.jpg

DSCN6156.jpg

Very nice build! Love tank and lamp! That skimmer is a beast. I have the same one on my 20g tank and it pulls a ton of nasty juice. The bubble blaster is the best skimmer pump I've ever seen

Archived