inTank Media Baskets

Calvin415's ADA 60P

calvin415

Quick Update:

*25lbs of Marco Rubble Rock came in, wow wasn't expecting so many marbles... Guess I'll have to get creative with the epoxy putty.

*ADA 60-P is out for delivery

*Skimmer is due in tomorrow

*Return pump is ordered

*On a waiting list for a AI SOL Blue and Controller (give me time to shop a little more for a better price).

*Plan to start building the sump this weekend

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank arrived today, and I do have to say these ADA tanks are a freaking work of art! Not sure I will be able to convince myself to ever use anything except one of these tanks ever again, I am truly speechless at the craftsmanship, I wish I had the tools to build something like this.

DSCN6025.jpg

DSCN6014.jpg

DSCN6016.jpg

FedEx was here this morning and left a nice gift. ;)

2011-01-29110605.jpg

All assembled.

2011-01-29111530.jpg

2011-01-29111551.jpg

And tank/skimmer size comparison, the cord on this skimmer I swear is 25' long! LOL

2011-01-29161529.jpg

gonna be sick :D

Hope so...

Following as usual.

Just the equipment is looking sechsay. :naughtydance:

Sweet job on the counter top!

Carry on Sir.

B)

Thanks!

Wooooo! ADAs are so damn secksay. I doubt i'll ever use anything else, if I can help it,

Amen to that, if anyone could see these tanks in person it is all they would buy! Secksayest tank I've ever seen!

Make a Nice Sump once you get the baffles in it :haha: JK

LOL, planned out the sump last night just ran out of time to get started on the build... Hopefully I can brave the cold that is coming this week and get the pieces at least cut.

More packages when I got home from work!!!!

DSCN6052.jpg

DSCN6055.jpg

DSCN6057.jpg

And then spent the night working to mount it:

DSCN6074.jpg

DSCN6069.jpg

DSCN6068.jpg

DSCN6067.jpg

DSCN6058.jpg

DSCN6061.jpg

DSCN6059.jpg

DSCN6065.jpg

DSCN6064.jpg

These lights are so cool!!! I wish I could afford more than 1. LOL!

I wanted to show how the thunderstorm setting works, but my camera has a hard time with it. The lighting strikes too fast for the camera, 3 strikes show up as just 1 big white blur. Not to mention the camera keeps changing it's light sensitivity so you can't tell how dim the light is actually getting when the clouds come. :( But if anyone has the chance to see it in person, it is sweet!!! Just be careful, it might give you an epileptic seizure according to my wife. LOL! The lightning is bright when you're eyes adjust to the lower light levels.

foothill reefer

i am on board for this built. it's going to be sweet. i am thinking about a ADA tank myself, 60F. where did you get the LED light?

A thunderstorm setting?! TOO cool.

Yeah, it's pretty dope!

i am on board for this built. it's going to be sweet. i am thinking about a ADA tank myself, 60F. where did you get the LED light?

Thanks, got the LED through ReefGeek.

I am BEYOND jealous.

im guessing youd rate the lights a 10 out of 10? lol

Hard to rate it until I get water in it, but initial rating is 11 our of 10! :)

omgomgomg omgomgomg :o:wub:

LOL

:naughtydance:

LOL

I also got my Sicce Syncra 2.0 yesterday... All that is left is to build the sump, overflow box, drill the tank, and then plumb it. But before I can do all of that, I need to finish the bar (grout) and build out under the bar, currently it's still unfinished. Would like to have it cleaned up before I clutter it more. More build pics to come.

Great setup! It will be awsome!! :D

I belive you must use some sponge base under the tank...

Thanks, yes I don't plan on leaving the tank on the tile, but not committing to a base until I determine how the hell I'm going to plumb the return line...

Here is what I'm planning for the drain (I think it will fit in the chase in the wall) but I don't have room for the return line in the chase... Considering drilling the bottom of the tank and drilling through the countertop, but not sure if that is my only option. Here is a bad diagram of what I'm planning, again, there is not enough room in the chase for 2 pipes, so how would you plumb the return? I do have a check valve already purchased should I need it.

External durso, internal overflow, 1" fittings, flowing approx 10x flow so 180 gph... Light Gray is the wall, Dark Gray is the opening in the wall (covered by a door) as seen in my 12' build.

ADA.jpg

Wow this looks incredible and there's not even water in there yet haha :D I completely agree with comments about the craftsmanship of the ADA tanks too they really are great.

You're the master of building things, how should I freaking know what to do or say.. Lol Jk this is gonna be sick tank once you figure out on how to plump this..

Can you show more detail on the sump how you layer it out? Very interested!

You're the master of building things, how should I freaking know what to do or say.. Lol Jk this is gonna be sick tank once you figure out on how to plump this..

Can you show more detail on the sump how you layer it out? Very interested!

Lol, nothing to show for the sump yet since I haven't built it yet.

With all this feedback I guess no one can complain that I'm running the return through the bottom of the tank and drilled the bar top. More pics once I finish grouting the counter, ran out with only 3sqft to go :(.

OMFG! THUNDERSTORM EFFEECT????? IM strapping high heels on right now and heading to the nearest corner, i need to make some doe for one of those lights!!!! :lol::lol::lol::naughtydance::bowdown::lol:

tanks lookin awsome!!!!!

what about using the chase you used before, instead of drilling the bar?? just incase you decide to move the tank you wont have a hole in the bar...

OMFG! THUNDERSTORM EFFEECT????? IM strapping high heels on right now and heading to the nearest corner, i need to make some doe for one of those lights!!!! :lol::lol::lol::naughtydance::bowdown::lol:

tanks lookin awsome!!!!!

what about using the chase you used before, instead of drilling the bar?? just incase you decide to move the tank you wont have a hole in the bar...

LMAO! Yeah, the Thunderstorm setting really is sweet! I will be using the chase for the drain, it takes up the entire chase so there is no room to make it do double duty. I went ahead and drilled today so it is too late for other ideas but good news is that if I need to patch, it's only 3 tiles that need to be replaced and I have plenty of extras.

and u should mount the controller in the pillar bhind the tank, so it looks real sleak and stealth like!!!

Not sure where I want all the gadgetry... I used to have my reef keeper on the column, and IMO it looked good, but want as much hidden as possible so I may just put everything under the tank.

Thanks for the feed back, I'm hoping to finish up the grout (bought more tonight but too tired to do it right now) soon. Super Bowl party tomorrow will ensure nothing gets done, so maybe Monday... But for progress, the tank is driiled, bar is drilled, and the drain it installer in the chase. Just have to connect a pipe to it, but need to build out under the bar first, and then still build a sump. Probably will order a sheet of acrylic on Monday so I can get that going.

Man, just too much still to get done, makes me even more tired thinking about it.

Archived