ReefCleaners.org

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

Hate to say it, but I like your fuge rockscape more than your main tank :o

But the main tank is still amazing!

I agree, the fuge rockscape does look better. I'm probably going to be working on the main tank scape for a while... I really fell in love with the scape I had before the tank switch... Totally wish I marked the rocks somehow.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if I ever do a shallow tank I'll do the bonsai approach.

For this I'm looking more for a wall, since the tank is taller than it is wide.

I put one of the vortechs on the back wall, might put both back there... I'm going to see if I can work around that.

I think part of it is the amount of rock, is making it hard to scape. How much have you thought about doing a bonsai style scape. allowing for greater swim space.

The aquascape thread.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=223431

Okay, read a few pages of the thread... That whole "golden ratio" thing looks like it has something to it. Being that the overflow is on the left side anyway... It kinda works.

I'm going to be working at Trump's Roast tomorrow (and have to build a f*cking custom photobooth for it tonight) then I'm going away for the weekend... So I probably won't get to messing with the scape until next week.

Now that the water has cleared, I'm starting to like the rock scape I currently have...

IMG_0636.jpg

STC_0606.jpg

STB_0605.jpg

STA_0604.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

Cats like drinking water from new places...

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

In this one you can see the LR that I'm seeding the tank with.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

WOW is cat pee a good cycle starter???

IMG_0616.jpg

Judging by the intense ammonia smell of cat piss, my guess is yes.

be very careful about the cat & the tank water I almost lost mine after he licked up a bit I spilled. By volume the most plentiful thing in our tanks are viruses.

be very careful about the cat & the tank water I almost lost mine after he licked up a bit I spilled. By volume the most plentiful thing in our tanks are viruses.

So what you're saying is... I shouldn't use my mouth to start the syphon when I do water changes? Haha. Seriously though, the water will be less available soon when I put a lid on the RO tank and the door over the fuge.

I like how the only pictures getting attention are the ones of the cat...

Anyone got ideas for an interesting invert or fish to put in the display refugium? It's gotta be something that won't be killed by a 24 hour light cycle...

Anyone got ideas for an interesting invert or fish to put in the display refugium? It's gotta be something that won't be killed by a 24 hour light cycle...

Not sure about livestock but your sump looks so cool I think it needs its own thread ;)

Not sure about livestock but your sump looks so cool I think it needs its own thread ;)

See. Start a sump thread in the macro forum, or else.

phi delt reefer

maybe a nice angel fish - they arent great to keep with corals buts in that sump they would be a nice. Especially this guy;

emperor%20angelfish.jpg

you would have to sell him once he grows a bit but you could probably keep him for a year or two.

Would a single Angel descimate any edible macro I have in there? Keep in mind that the fuge is about 36" long, 9" wide, 16" tall... Minus the rock and substrate. I'm guessing swimming space is more like 32x7x12

Any other ideas?

Would a single Angel descimate any edible macro I have in there? Keep in mind that the fuge is about 36" long, 9" wide, 16" tall... Minus the rock and substrate. I'm guessing swimming space is more like 32x7x12

Any other ideas?

That angel will outgrow that living space rather quickly. Better be careful, the angelfish / tang 5.0 is around here somewhere... :P

phi delt reefer
That angel will outgrow that living space rather quickly. Better be careful, the angelfish / tang 5.0 is around here somewhere... :P

more like "rent-a-cops" than 5.0. Couple things to remember - the size of a fish does not correlate with the size of a tank they require. There a few really small fish that should be kept in 100+ gallon tanks because they are super active swimmers yet nobody seems to care about them. And once you think this guy gets too big you can sell him or trade him back to the LFS for something else. You can always put some test corals in the sump to see if he gets nippy or what not and if he behaves you can throw him in your display :D

Archived