Top Shelf Aquatics

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cool. it's up at my work.

Dude, did I miss the work tank? We should think about starting the "I have a tank at work to keep from going postal" club B) .

Dude, did I miss the work tank? We should think about starting the "I have a tank at work to keep from going postal" club B) .

I work in a large saltwater fish store.....lol

This chalice is really aggressive :( he hasn't discovered the zoanthids and digi yet, but he's a sweepin.

wow all the new additions look amazing!!

especially the new chalice

its strange i have a small chalice and i have NEVER seen even one sweeper or even feeder tentacle out of it!

wow all the new additions look amazing!!

especially the new chalice

its strange i have a small chalice and i have NEVER seen even one sweeper or even feeder tentacle out of it!

Some and some aren't. The Miami Hurricane at work ALWAYS has them out. Does not matter how much you feed it. I am sad today because it is water change day and I don't have enough water lol. How could I let this happen?!

LOL out of curiosity I took a flash picture with my phone with the lights off. Look how ugly it is.

FxCam_1325438773818.jpg

lol yeah i know what you mean! ill see if i can tank a pic of my tank with the lights off some time see what it looks like. i wonder if lighting has any effect on the corals actual colors under like lets say the flash on a camera?

lol yeah i know what you mean! ill see if i can tank a pic of my tank with the lights off some time see what it looks like. i wonder if lighting has any effect on the corals actual colors under like lets say the flash on a camera?

i don't like to go too flash happy in general as it ruins the picture, but i doubt it really bothers coral. probably just seems like lighting or something. AI sols flash all the time.

Oh lol I ment like the color of the corals due to the lighting not due to flash lol like how a coral will look green under three types of lighting but totally different if directly put under natural daylight if what I'm sayin makes any since at all

Oh yeah that for sure makes sense. Most corals only look the way they do because of high end reef lighting. Most corals in the wild are more of a brownish variety lol. Well not most, but you get what I mean.

Oh wow yeah I guess your right but doesn't ORA grow all their corals using the sun? And they all look pretty amazing! Let's compare my tank has LED's and yours has MH I'll take a pic when I have time and we can see what it looks like!

Oh wow yeah I guess your right but doesn't ORA grow all their corals using the sun? And they all look pretty amazing! Let's compare my tank has LED's and yours has MH I'll take a pic when I have time and we can see what it looks like!

Yeah, ORA's Marshall Island Facility grows certain corals in natural sunlight I believe. But when fraggin and picture time comes, they spend some time under 400 W radiums I believe. I could be totally wrong though. I took some more pictures of the tank and corals. I didn't do any post production so some of them have some saturation (damn you snow white sandbed!)

january2012025.jpg

january2012016.jpg

january2012039.jpg

january2012005.jpg

recenttank1612113.jpg

recenttank1612131.jpg

\recenttank1612081.jpg

Lol the last pic is my blinding view of the tank from the bed.

Whats the best way to take the false floor out in a filled and running tank? I can't believe that I did not take the chamber one floor out in this biocube. I always do, I guess it just slipped my mind. I might just reach down in there with needle noses and just shred it lol. Or just gouge a hole big enough for the heater to slide thru. It sits about one inch too high if I try to hide it back there now. Sucks lol.

. I took some more pictures of the tank and corals. I didn't do any post production so some of them have some saturation (damn you snow white sandbed!)

Lol the last pic is my blinding view of the tank from the bed.

Great pictures -- they turned out so nicely, especially the FTSs. Mine always bleach out. The acans are particularly purdy!

Great pictures -- they turned out so nicely, especially the FTSs. Mine always bleach out. The acans are particularly purdy!

Yeah I honestly should de-saturate most of the pics due to the sand bed glaring so badly but I am lazy. Thanks for the compliments. In about two weeks I should have a new fish addition. I gave away my green favia I have had forever. It looks great and is healthy. It just does not want to grow much and I want the space back lol.

Finally took the effing false floor out in chamber one. My heater is now hidden away again! I have a ton of services to do today which sucks because of the nasty weather. Hopefully I will have some time to spend with my own tank when I get done.

Archived