SaltCritters.com

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

Aww no one likes my tank anymore ....or did they ever?

I like your tank..aawwww.

Ya have some nice healthy specimens in there. Tanks evolve over over time right?

Who wants an "instant full blown reef" anyways? Where's the fun / challenge in that?

Then ya'd have to go get your own TV show .... lol

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like your tank..aawwww.

Ya have some nice healthy specimens in there. Tanks evolve over over time right?

Who wants an "instant full blown reef" anyways? Where's the fun / challenge in that?

Then ya'd have to go get your own TV show .... lol

Thanks man. With college and all, I have been taking this one slow. I have always been a fan of growing out specimens as opposed to cramming in a ton of crap on bone white frag plugs/discs all at once. Go Texas.

Just brought home a new beautiful ORA Tri-Color Valida Acro from my work. I wasn't going to drip it but I DID want to at least float it and exchange water periodically. Of course as I am opening the bag to start exchanging water, I hear a scream from the kitchen and I accidentally ripped the bag open too wide. The coral and all the tank water from work (which I am ok with) goes into the tank instantly <_<

SG is pretty much the same as the tank it came from and the temp should have been pretty close but still, dang.

I hate doing that. If I wake up tomorrow and it looks like #### I am going to be pissed lol. I was only worried about my nippy YCG, I hadn't planned on instant tank introduction without much acclimation. Hopefully all will be well, fingers crossed. Oh and it was a spaghetti pot that boiled over in the kitchen that caused the commotion. :lol:

Coral will be fine. The most I ever do with coral (provided I know the source is pest free) is temp acclimate for a few minutes. That includes SPS.

Coral will be fine. The most I ever do with coral (provided I know the source is pest free) is temp acclimate for a few minutes. That includes SPS.

I know it's pest free. It came from the tank that is my responsibility at work lol. I am just Acro paranoid I guess. At least the lights went out soon after it went in the tank. I was worried about my halide being a problem at first but then I realized that it came out from under 405 watts of T-5HO. My 150W halide should be comparable to that given the depth and fixture height difference.

Valida are pretty darn hardy, I would not be surprised if it looks a little pissed for a few days and does just fine. I have never dripped a sps in my life, I just replace some bag water with tank water every five min for about 15 min and in it goes, after but I do dip for red bugs.

Good luck

UGGH! So of course the YCG is all over the damn Valida from the moment the lights come on. My girlfriend is gonna be so pissed off at me for taking it out. The ORA frag costs more than the fish. Whatayahgonnado?!

The yellow clown is out of the tank now as I took it with me to work today. I came home to find a tri color valida with about 80% pe. ;) this makes me very happy but the girlfriend not so much.

FxCam_1316307009426.jpg

I moved it right before snapping this pic.

Very nice tank and excellent growth. It definitely looks much better now that you've added more rock to the scape.

Thank you much sir! That ycg maimed a frag of pocillopora and was on it's way to brutalizing the valida. I took the little fish to work and put her in a 75 gallon lps and softy reef tank. I even put screening over the intakes to keep her from accidentally taking a filter box ride. Of course my girlfriend called me a jerk when I told her I took her fish out. I had to explain that coral are animals too and why it's not ok for them to get picked apart by a little fish with heavy nesting instincts. Needless to say I will buying a Fluval Spec to set up in the room and will be bringing the little goby back home to live in it....women lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might actually pick up an ORA Lavender or Miami Orchid today from work. Unless someone bought it since yesterday. Doubtful. I will post pics if/when I decide to grab it.

Went ahead and got a Blue Voodoo today. I just put it in so no polyp extension yet. I need to drill some holes tomorrow in the higher up rocks so I can properly mount the sps frags.

847094162_photobucket_52594_.jpg

Yet another phone pic until I update my Nikon software. Picked out some LR pieces from the scrap tank at work. They both had drilled holes perfect for ORA plugs lol.

847094162_photobucket_52806_.jpg

Archived