Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Topless 20k Halide BC14 Now With Reefbrite Actinics!

Formula462

Nice looking frags! Are you running a media basket? It's one thing I really need to upgrade to.. I know you said your tank has everything but the rim removed but I don't remember if you have the media basket or not. How low do you have the chalice frags? And what is the flow like for them?

yes I have the media basket in the middle. The chalice have been in there about a week. They are low flow/moderate lighting.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dnanoreefer

man that bulb has good color to it! i think mine is a little washed out. needs to be replaced! would you ever run a 20k? im thinking about it. or a 15k

oh and are you still dosing calcium? keeping sps i am just wondering, i need to test my level of calc tomorrow, i may start but i dont have anything that would really need it, i just have the lps stuff.

man that bulb has good color to it! i think mine is a little washed out. needs to be replaced! would you ever run a 20k? im thinking about it. or a 15k

oh and are you still dosing calcium? keeping sps i am just wondering, i need to test my level of calc tomorrow, i may start but i dont have anything that would really need it, i just have the lps stuff.

I dose 3ml of A and B daily

Dnanoreefer

do you think a 20k would be too blue? im really leaning twords a 20 but my 14 may just be really washed out. dont know how old the bulb is. Your 14k looks much more blue than mine. im also jealous of your scape. i cant get mine the way i want it, i dont want to keep sticking my hands in the damn tank but i cant help it.

do you think a 20k would be too blue? im really leaning twords a 20 but my 14 may just be really washed out. dont know how old the bulb is. Your 14k looks much more blue than mine. im also jealous of your scape. i cant get mine the way i want it, i dont want to keep sticking my hands in the damn tank but i cant help it.

I like the way Ushio 20k looks. I prefer the growth of the 14k though. Look at my earlier pics in the thread. I built this tank up in stages. I was not happy with the scape for a while either.

Dnanoreefer

14k promotes more growth??

Are you dosing for your sps and monti? Chalice doesn't need a lot of calcium does it.. I tested my calcium last night and it was 450-500 ish.. My API kit goes by nber of drops to get end result color.. Seems like its at a good level.. But your monti may deplete your levels pretty quick. How often do you do water changes?

14k promotes more growth??

Are you dosing for your sps and monti? Chalice doesn't need a lot of calcium does it.. I tested my calcium last night and it was 450-500 ish.. My API kit goes by nber of drops to get end result color.. Seems like its at a good level.. But your monti may deplete your levels pretty quick. How often do you do water changes?

I dose to maintain optimal levels. The monti is no doubt one of the bigger consumers of calcium in my system. I do 5 gallons a week with Aquavitro Salinity. I dose brightwell magnesion twice weekly and ESV 2 part every other day.

I need to post a pic of these new palys I got. I think they are just regular green people eaters but they look cool nonetheless.

Well they are kind of in this pic but I took this after moving things around.

photobucket-4079-1332529143905.jpg

Favia Speciosa

It had a frag rack fall on it a few days ago. One of my new experimental racks with nothing on it luckily.

any new and exciting events or additions?

Funny you should ask

photobucket-4079-1332529143905.jpg

photobucket-1561-1332810919881.jpg

photobucket-1136-1332810955720.jpg

Im holding some frags for a friend. I will be taking some of the magicians though

Dnanoreefer

those things are sweet! man i need some frags to let grow out. the only place realatively close is freekin petco.. foster and smith is like an hour north, and they are kinda pricy but real healthy stuff.

those things are sweet! man i need some frags to let grow out. the only place realatively close is freekin petco.. foster and smith is like an hour north, and they are kinda pricy but real healthy stuff.

Well once my bigger frag tank gets completed, I will probably have some stuff you might like.

Dnanoreefer

do you already have a frag tank setup or will this be the first one you do? i thiought i remember reading you have a frag tank up now, but could be wrong. im heading down to the milwaukee area this weekend hopefully get time to stop at a good lfs. wont be able to pick anything up this trip tho. sucks. i really need a nem crab for my pico and some new frags for the 14! but on the bright side im gonna order up a 15k bulb this weekend, im pretty stoked about that. you should post up a new fts.

do you already have a frag tank setup or will this be the first one you do? i thiought i remember reading you have a frag tank up now, but could be wrong. im heading down to the milwaukee area this weekend hopefully get time to stop at a good lfs. wont be able to pick anything up this trip tho. sucks. i really need a nem crab for my pico and some new frags for the 14! but on the bright side im gonna order up a 15k bulb this weekend, im pretty stoked about that. you should post up a new fts.

Oh I have frags galore they are just scattered throughout three different systems. The big tank is to bring all the frags together. I actually just added a bigger rack to my little cube.

I think I am going to shade the Mystic Grape Favia a little more. I think he has been kept in too bright of lighting. Still trying to find the best spot for the AOGs too. They are one of the more finicky zoanthids I have had.

Went frag happy the past few days. Had to make a better rack. I fragged my German Blue Polyp Digi, My Jeremie's Green, and acquired a new Orange Digi. I will post some pics tonight. Not that too many seem to care lol.

Maybe if I start speaking in Memes and posting 200 irrelevant side posts everyday I will get more followers. Or just change my avatar to a girls pic.

Archived