Cultivated Reef

FW dwarf puffer tank (They're finally here!)

Daleo

This is my planted tank I started about 1.5 weeks ago.

Light is this

Tank is 20L with a tetra 20-40g filter.

I don't have any dwarf puffers yet, but I will soon.

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

I am also expecting a 70w halide to show up at my doorstep in the next week ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if you ever want to trade some plants i have Anubias nana, Wisteria, and java fern. the wisteria and fern arnt full full due to low lighting but the anubias is great and healthy. had some plants flower on me afew weeks back was neat.

Yes! Do you happen to have java moss? I know it sounds stupid, but it covers well and grows fast, but NOBODY local has it....

YES! lol i got a nice clump of it in a ball in the corner of my tank lol! my striped ralph hides in it lol i can spare some tho. there may or may not be shrimp/eggs in there tho. my Japonica Amano Shrimp are spawning shes got a big oll belly full of eggs. pm me if intrested and we can work out some sort of trade. i can take pics of it too to show ya how healthy.

Ooo hey, a freshwater tank! I've never had any dwarf puffers, but they're adorable.

I like the variety of plants you've got in there :) That elodea will probably take off like a rocket. I have some in a 29G tank right now and in the past week or so, it's grown about a foot longer. Needs to be trimmed down. It grows so fast, I don't know what to do with it. Don't want to just toss it!

I see one plant in there that isn't a true aquatic though, the one in the far left/back corner and directly to the right of the cave. Large leaves with long green and yellow stripes. I see that for sale a lot in pet stores as a generic aquatic plant, I don't know why. Maybe it's cheap to produce and sell. But it's terrestrial.

I actually have a bunch of extra java moss right now! A whole dense betta cup full. Clippings from one of my tanks.

Ya, that plant is terrestrial... Petco <_<

I would love to trade some plants, but right now the weather is really cold here, and I want my plants to grow a little bit before I trim them.

Glad everyone likes it ;)

That elodea will probably take off like a rocket. I have some in a 29G tank right now and in the past week or so, it's grown about a foot longer.

I hope so... It doesn't look so great right now. It has leaves that a brown and decaying, but I think it came that way. I think there is too little light, but the guys on the FW planted forum assure me that I have enough.

EDIT: BTW I am running a 10K and 6K bulb no actinics LOL!

nimwafrica526

ohh you definitely have enough light in there to grow plants, i have quite a few FW tanks well all of mine are except one which happens to be cycling at the moment lol

puffers are awesome. hope you have enough snails to feed the puffers lol

ohh if you'd like plants just let me know. i have a forest of a 29 gallon. depending on the plants i have at the time i'll just give them to you if you pay the shipping

good luck!

How many are you getting? I had a few dwarfs and a red eye at one point, also have a GSP that I acclimated to full marine.

I loved mine, actually didnt eat my cherry shrimp.

Never seen them at walmart, but my walmart carries green spotted puffers. They get up to 6" and are a brackish puffer that can live in freshwater

irondragon013

Hey there. I have a bunch of Anacharis in my 10g planted if your interested. Grows fast under my poor lighting and is decently tall. LMK if your interested. If you get plants at Petsmart you will probably get some pond snails out of the deal :P

Archived