Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

***Jojoe's 14g Biocube w/ LEDS***

jojoe972

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
still, the placement and what you've chosen seems like a nice fit!

Thanks Josh I really appreciate it!!!

Hi JoeJoe!

how you like having black sand? I just added new sand to my tank (white) kind of wish I went with black haha.

Hi Aqua

I like the sand but after having it for awhile the sand has had alot of caoraline build up. Also this type of sand has a large grain size. On my next tank im going to go back to white and have a smaller grain size. Its cool but I want to try the white again.

UPRob,

Thank you I think that if you went that route you would not be disappointed! Have allowed me to keep various corals and they are thriving under the lights w/ low heat.

Great looking tank Jojoe and very nice looking corals! Your thread is making me lean more toward LED's only for a 24g aquapod, Question has it been over a year you have been running these lights and are the bulb changeable? (noob ques.)

I used the LEDS from rapidled and the heatsink from nanotuners. Rapidled didnt have a heatsink retro fit for the 14g.

Can i ask what color ratio you are using? Rapid has a full retro kit for the 14g now that has 6 white and 6 blue leds im thinking about getting and was wondering if yours is the same or different colors, i really like the blue color to your tank. Also are you running a dimmer on your led's? Btw thanks for posting a picture of that anemone and getting it identified, i found one im my tank last night and at first i thought it was a mutant super aptasia or something :o . Turns out nothing to worry about

Yes that is the ratio that I have in my tank. I actually purchased 7 of each but it didnt look right so I am running 12. The pictures make it look a little more blue than it is. I do have a dimmer on both so if you like the tank more blue you can dim the whites a little more.

No problem about the pciture. I was trying to make sure that it wasnt majano.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the kind words!

Man to tell you the truth I dont really have one. The most common ones that I go to though are Aquarium Boutique, Dallas North and Aquatic Design.

How about yourself?

• 2 months later...

Hey Rain.... Where did you go?

Yes you are right. I have retired this one and upgraded to a 29g bio. Will need to create a new thread with that guy. I will put it on my to do list. How are you?

Archived