Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

***Jojoe's 14g Biocube w/ LEDS***

jojoe972

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canopy LED pictures Canopy LED pictures Canopy LED pictures Canopy LED pictures :happy:

I will try to get some for you tonight or tomorrow night. Tank is in the living room so when you open the canopy it blinds anyone who is watching tv.

First ID for me! omgomgomg

1 more than I have and you say your a noob

*evil laughter*

So, I am not the only one that has a photo assignment for tomorrow! :P

Ha I guess not

Tested my water yesterday

Ca: 480

Alk: 10

Posphate: 0

PH: 8.2

Nitrate: 0

Still fighting red slime though. Added a koralia nano 425 for extra flow b/c do not have the cash for mp10.

Here are some pictures of my refugium I took yesterday

post-51427-1296100879_thumb.jpg

On the anemones...I probably had like 5-6 of those on my live rock when I first bought my old tank about a year ago and they only came out at night. I don't think they ever caused any problems and I thought they were all gone until I was checking my tank while the lights were out tonight and noticed there was actually still one left in a little cave in the rocks. So to answer your question, in my experience no I don't think you need to worry about them since they never caused me any problems and actually slowly disappeared. I think I spent like an hour on wetwebmedia one night too and found somewhere that said they were harmless. I think they look pretty cool too IMO

• 2 weeks later...
Yup Pseudocorynactis.

+1 to that. Nothing to worry about. They don't really sting (they're weak) and usually starve. They may bug corals just by brushing against them, but they only come out at night so it isn't really a problem. Very neat looking, IMO.

Love the tank, too. I'm in the process of getting a custom LED hood made for my BC8. The heat issue really drove me to LEDs! How's the clam doing with them? Looking healthy?

Clam is growing and looking good under them.

Good to hear. There's a little gold one about the an inch at the LFS i was thinking about getting. Raise him in my BC8 then put him in my 115 once he's bigger.

I was looking for a gold one but didnt find any at the frag swap when I got there. just make sure its at its highest level in that 8g and that your tank has been up for at least 6 months.

I was looking for a gold one but didnt find any at the frag swap when I got there. just make sure its at its highest level in that 8g and that your tank has been up for at least 6 months.

Would it need to be that high with the LEDs? I could always try to spotlight it if need be.

Also, if you don't mind me picking your brain on livestock... How's the porcelain? I've been contemplating one for a while now.

If you have led's you could keep it lower.

the two that I have are doing good. One I can see most of the time and then the bigger one only comes out at night when the lights are off.

nice tank... looks really good...

I appreciate that.... I need to update the pictures because I moved my clam and candy coral. Also added a koralia nano 425 until I can afford that mp10.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have neglected my thread for a little while so had a few updates.

I think I rid my tank of the algae outbreak finally.

Also added a neglected sea fan and some injured zoas to the tank. Hopefully I can get them to recoup and grow.

On a sad note one of my porcelain crabs died and I think it got too close to the Orchids domain. Hopefully the other will be smart and quick to avoid the Orchids wrath.

Ohh and pictures will come soon for the LEDS in the hood sorry for the delay.

• 6 months later...

So havent been updating this much b/c I havent done to much to my tank. Gathering money and things to build my new tank. I did get an mp10 for my new tank and added it to the biocube until the 29 is up and running. This thing is awesome with all the different settings.

MP=priceless!!!

• 1 month later...

jojoe972,

First off I want to say that you have an awsome tank, I hope mine will look this good.

I have a quick question about your LED setup. I was wondering if you used any kind of light diffuser on your LEDs, I am going to have LEDs over my BC 14 and have been debating over using a light diffuser. Any words of wisdow?

Hey GIT RITE

Thanks for the compliment!

I should post some new pictures b/c my tank looks so much different now.

As far as a diffuser goes I did not use any of those. I just have CREE LEDS mounted onto a heatsink and then put the plastic cover that came with the biocube over it.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't decide whether or not to use a diffuser. I will just try it without one for now. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Archived