Coral Vue Hydros

3 gallon invert only tank!

Toontjuh

hey everybody :happy:

looking on how to stock my 3 gallon tank with inverts.

the tank is bassically going to be filled with frogspawn and ceatures that live in symbiosis with it!!!! B)

so i'm thinking sexy shrimp are pretty cool, but so would a pair of periclimenes brevicapralis be, and also porcelain crabs are pretty neat

but i also plan if possible keeping a few feather duster worms along with the inverts mentioned above.

so my question: how many of each, and in what combination????

per example: would it be owkay to put in 2sexy shrimp , a pair of periclimenes and a porcelain crab along with some feather duster in this tank???

i await your opinions :lol: !!!!!!!

That sounds like a perfect invert list.

Can't wait to see the tank set up!

i can't wait to get this tank up also :lol:

live rock and equipment should arrive sometime next week

i'm still in the proces of making a rockwall, so the frogspawn will be placed against it using reef putty

ahhh your avater looks naked...guss it's no longer christmas.

but i'd add one more sexy.

:unsure: you talking to me

:P

Feather Duster are fairly hard to keep, as they filter feed. I've only managed to keep one in my 55 then 125. I would advise against it.

Can't you feed them?

i thought so too :huh:

i plan on feeding reefpearls, just not sure on how often

how many times per week would you feed it ????

if you feed your tank you pretty much feed your feathers. my BC was FULL of them until my Dinoflagelite outbreak. damn crap! they are super easy to keep. at least to me they have been. but i've never had a 3 gallon tank either.

i would do 3-5 sexies, a pair of the periclimenes brevicapralis, and a pair of porcelain crabs. also id look for another color variation of frogspawn to put in the tank too that way you have a little more color in the tank.

and the feather duster thing shouldnt be too hard especially since you will have to feed foods for filter feeders for the porcelains anyway so the feather duster(s) would just be eating the same food your feeding them.

Ditto on what's said above. Feather dusters are pretty easy to keep. The problem you'll have is that both the feathers and the porcelain crabs are filter feeders. Putting in some phyto is easy enough to keep them fed, except that on a tank that small it'll make it a bit harder to keep the tank nice and clean. Doesn't mean don't do it, just be careful and figure out the balance of getting enough for the filter feeders but not so much that your tank gunks up.

Feather Duster are fairly hard to keep, as they filter feed. I've only managed to keep one in my 55 then 125. I would advise against it.

I put a coco worm and a hawaiian feather duster in my 29 gallon reef a few months ago. I haven't touched or fed them since and they are doing great!

Archived