Coral Vue Hydros

rdahlke1105 JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED Build

rdahlke1105

rdahlke1105

Well after a major tank crash, I moved all inhabitants over to a 10 gallon tank, broke the DT down and restarted it. I held all of the rock in a bucket with tank water, took out all of the water and sand and replaced. I got to the point where I was hating the black sand that I had in there originally because every time the clowns would be near it, they would cause a sand storm to blow up?

I replaced the sand with dry argonite sand. Here are pictures of the new setup.

FTS:

101_0443.jpg

Right side:

101_0444.jpg

Left side:

101_0445.jpg

Tunnel:

101_0446.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rdahlke1105

No idea what caused the crash. But I did know that I wasn't ready to give up. I'm just not the type of person who just gives up.

The only thing I can think of is you may have added to much to fast. I would recommend going a bit slower with your stocking. Just my opinion.

rdahlke1105

I wondered that myself. Which is why I won't be adding anything, with the exception of some chaeto for the back and a couple of macros, for the next 3 weeks or so.

slow and steady wins the race, I had doubts when the cardinal went in so soon. allow the bacteria levels to populate your rock over time, and additions go in slowly, space far apart. looking forward to seeing this thing grow, I am glad your clowns made it, they look great!

rdahlke1105

Right now I'm just letting things coast for a few weeks. I may consider adding more cured rock later, but right now I don't want to do anything to upset the balance. I really don't plan on adding much more bioload. I really would like to to have more corals than fish.

rdahlke1105

Well the macros and chaeto I ordered got here yesterday.

FTS:

101_0448.jpg

Close ups:

101_0449.jpg

101_0450.jpg

Well I did the full range of tests. These are the results.

Temp: 79.3

Specific Gravity: 1.025

PH: 7.8 (lights have only been on for a couple of hours)

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

dKH: 8.6

Calcium: 460

Phosphates: 0

Magnesium: 1440

Archived