SaltCritters.com

Blue Demp's 36 Gallon Bow Front

Blue Demp

maybe its just a phase, fish change colours sometimes if they are stressed or adapting or something. I really like these blennies too. hmm I may have to hit up my lfs and get myself an early birthday present..

I had to order it while my fiance is out of town. That way I can say they "appeared from the rocks" LOL

What's coming:

Flame Angelfish (small) - Hopefully this sucker doesn't pick on the corals or the clam.

Orange Spotted Goby (Indonesia)

Bumble Bee Shrimp

Scrolling Montipora Coral Bali

Flaming Grape and Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoanthus

Magnificent Hard Tube Coco Worm

You are rocking it with all of these purchases. I'm jealous!

I got something for you. PM me your address.

It is 12:12 AM and I'm still up because I saw a hairy slug crawling towards my coco worm. I don't know exactly the species, but it freaked me out, so I had to remove it. I noticed today my Duncan didn't open at all. I hope he's doing well.

Some pics to share

Flame Angel

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7147.jpg

True Percula Pair

IMG_7142.jpg

Aleveopora, Zoa, and Flame Angel

IMG_7144.jpg

True Perculas and Midas Blenny

IMG_7149.jpg

Full Tank shots

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

Purple Ora Hammer

IMG_7167.jpg

Pavona maldivensis

IMG_7169.jpg

Magnificent Coco Worm

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

got your pm,

how high is your ca? generally it wont harm anything, youll just have it precipitate on things that create heat, like your heater and pumps.

coco worms are generally pretty easy to take care of, make sure your alk is spot on. they tend to be sensitive to swings in that dept. also weekly i blast the rocks a little to suspend detritus, the coco worm will definitely benefit from this. they love to eat crud!

great new additions blue! everything is lookin good! resist the temptation to add more fish/inverts. let things stabilize a bit (ie: a few weeks to a month) before adding more. so you can assess your bio load and whether you can maintain it.

looks to be a nudibranch of some sort, or possibly a type of sea hare. hard to say by those pics.

I'm not sure how high, guess it's high enough that it's not registering? What else do you feed your coco worm? my research says they eat phytoplankton. I do blast my rock every 3rd day, so I got that covered.

The new additions are my last additions for another 3 months. Next purchases will be some rics and mushrooms to cover the bottom. I ended up flushing the slug down the toilet.. :-)

Thanks for the input!

I would guess the midas blenny is 4". 2 more inches to go!

Here's a video of my coco worm filter feeding.

Edited by Blue Demp

Angel is great, however he does squabble with the Midas Blenny when he gets too close to the blenny's rock. My coco worm seems to be comfortable today and stays out during the day and at night.

Edited by Blue Demp
CollegeNano
Angel is great, however he does squabble with the Midas Blenny when he gets too close to the blenny's rock. My coco worm seems to be comfortable today and stays out during the day and at night.

I saw the coco worm video. That's a nice invert, I may have to look for one!

P.S. I sent the PM you requested.

Very nice I really like your pics.

I love true percs, I want to get a pair when I do my setup I am debating on Picassos or regular. Picasso are more expensive and harder to get here.