Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blue Demp's 36 Gallon Bow Front

Blue Demp

Thanks bro! Weren't you afraid of the rocks falling or glass breaking while using the saw? I believe they make plastic screws, so that would prevent rusting. Let me know your thoughts.

Shoot if I knew about plastic screws I would have used those. I would make sure they were relatively thick just in case.

I was actually most annoyed with the plastic pieces that fell in my tank, although they floated! I was slightly worried that right once I cut the brace everything would EXPLODE. Really though, I feel the center brace doesn't support a lot but it does keep pressure off of the seams and apex (correct term?) of the bow so I definitely wanted to keep mine attached. It's there for a reason, right? ha. Anyway, I had all four holes (two on the tank two on the plexiglas) drilled before I cut the brace. That way it only took a minute to attach my new brace. Wasn't really worried about the rock too much. The tank did shake some but not too badly. Take it slow and use a saw with a fine blade, or whatever the term is for really small teeth.

Advice: you may notice after you cut the brace the holes will be a little uneven than before due to a little warping. Or you may not. Anyway, if this does occur just put a little pressure on the front of the tank and it should match right up so you can screw it in. Again, having the holes pre-made was key!

Good luck!

Thanks bro! Weren't you afraid of the rocks falling or glass breaking while using the saw? I believe they make plastic screws, so that would prevent rusting. Let me know your thoughts.

Congrats! Links to your page?

Nothing just yet... the sand is settling... It takes a surprisingly long time for this size tank!! This is day #2 and it's almost clear... I am actually heading to a local coral farm tomorrow and picking up the 35lbs of live rock for the tank, so when that is in, the rock scape is done.. I'll start a thread tomorrow night :-)

Nothing just yet... the sand is settling... It takes a surprisingly long time for this size tank!! This is day #2 and it's almost clear... I am actually heading to a local coral farm tomorrow and picking up the 35lbs of live rock for the tank, so when that is in, the rock scape is done.. I'll start a thread tomorrow night :-)

FYI - I have 60 lbs in my tank. This gives you an idea of how full it will be.

I added Banggai yesterday, but he's not doing too good. He kinda hangs up toward the tank corners and rarely moves away from the spot. Is this normal?

1. PH - 8.2

2. Ammonia - 0

3. Nitrite - 0

4. Nitrate - 20

5. SG - 1.024

I've never had luck with banggai's myself, the two I tried didnt last long, though I do have a pajama cardinal that I've had for sixish months; she did about the same upon addition. IME cardinals don't really swim around or do much, they're pretty stationary fish. as it gets more comfortable, it will begin to move around a bit more, but they tend to find one place they like, and hover there.

Banggai is alive and eating well. It's becoming less shy every day. I got some new additions, so I thought I would update you all with some pics.

Box of goodies

IMG_8314.jpg

Packaging job

IMG_8315.jpg

One of the goodies

IMG_8316.jpg

Another goodie

IMG_8317.jpg

Care package

IMG_8318.jpg

Start of acclimation

IMG_8320.jpg

Drip drip drip!

IMG_8322.jpg

Tank raised perculas

IMG_8337.jpg

IMG_8339.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

Favia

IMG_8333.jpg

Xenia

IMG_8332.jpg

Edited by Blue Demp
Nice adds!

I love True Percs!

Me too! I wanted an Onyx, but I they these guys will do.

looking good!! I just added some stuff today as well. We're in sync, heh.

Thanks! What did you get? link to your thread?

Tank is looking really good, looking forward to seeing where it goes! I'm thinking about upgrading to a bow-front and yours is making a compelling argument.

Thanks. I personally like how the bow fronts make the tank look 3D... the inhabitants kind of pop out.

The sunpod fan is way too loud for my liking, so I decided to replace it. It still too loud, but definitely an improvement. I think it will go silent once I cut out the outer grill.

Received fan

IMG_1842.jpg

Taking it Sunpod apart

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Tank is looking great man! Did you ever get a chance/the nerve to replace the center brace?

Glad to see you ordered from bluezoo, as they did a great job sending me my livestock as well. Next time you have that much excess chaeto,and if you don't mind shipping it my way, send me a PM , I will cover any costs of course.

No, I want to but noticed a small crack on the left-side of the tank. It maybe cosmetic, but I didn't want to take the risk. I wish you need some cheato, I will send you some next time.

Just purchased the following:

Red Mandarin

Porcelain Anemone Crab

Plate Coral, Purple Short Tentacle

Drs. Foster & Smith Certified Beginner SPS Frag Pack

Butternut Stylophora Coral

Diver's Den DFS Green and Purple Australian Duncanopsammia

Everything should arrive this saturday... I love receiving packages!

Just purchased the following:

Red Mandarin

Porcelain Anemone Crab

Plate Coral, Purple Short Tentacle

Drs. Foster & Smith Certified Beginner SPS Frag Pack

Butternut Stylophora Coral

Diver's Den DFS Green and Purple Australian Duncanopsammia

Everything should arrive this saturday... I love receiving packages!

I'll be expecting pics pronto. That plate coral is going to be awesome!

Dosing is going well, my hair algae is dying off which was the main reason I did it, so I'm definitely happy. No seemingly negative side-effects so it's win-win at the moment. Probably half as much hair algae as there was when I started, and that's saying something!

As promised, here some pics. Package from Liveaquaria arrived just a few minutes ago.

2 Packages (one from WI, and the other from CA:

IMG_6924.jpg

Opening boxes

IMG_6925.jpg

Certification

IMG_6927.jpg

Packaged with packing peanuts

IMG_6931.jpg

Purple plate coral

IMG_6929.jpg

New invert

IMG_6930.jpg

Invert and Red Mandarin

IMG_6928-1.jpg

acclimation time!

IMG_6932-1.jpg

Mandarin pen ;-)

IMG_6933.jpg

view from outside of the tank.

IMG_6934.jpg

view from the top

IMG_6935.jpg

Edited by Blue Demp
Thanks! I'm going to need it. It hasn't eaten yet, but it's only been 24 hours.

What are you trying to feed it? I believe those things need to eat very often so 24 hours is probably not a good thing! Of course I've never kept one and that is just from what I've read. You may want to hatch some baby brine shrimp pronto if you don't have any other live foods and if he is refusing frozen. Good luck that is an awesome fish!

I also see you were able to get tickerfactory set up. Congrats! Don't forget about me when you trim that chaeto :)

More bad news... My banggai passed away last night. I saw him with stringy poo and was breathing heavily. I've tested the water and Ammonia, and Nitrate are both at 0. Temp is steady at 77.4.

Sorry to hear about your losses. You had mentioned something about a crack in the tank? Is that in the glass or plastic trim? I know you may not want to hear this, but a crack will probably get bigger. If there is one in the glass I would recommend looking into switching the tank before you acquire a lot more coral and fishes. A switch would be pretty easy for you at this point and could save you a emergency down the road.

On a more positive note, I really like the scape and tank setup to this point. Happy reefing!

• Like 1