Top Shelf Aquatics

QuietOne 4000 high head

twichstile

Im looking for a awesome pump for the money, quiet and efficient(external). I have 6 foot of head and this one, although is MUCH higher watt usage is going to probably better for the SQWD im going to put on top.

Is there a better option for the money?

I have had two Quiet Ones literally catch on fire and electrify my tank. None for me thanks.

Check out Ocean Runner and Eheim, they are both much better pumps with a good long history in the industry. I use both but find the OR consumes slightly less power to move the same amount of water based on testing with a Kill A Watt meter, 1" flow meter, pressure gauges and valves so I could vary the head on both.

I have had two Quiet Ones literally catch on fire and electrify my tank. None for me thanks.

Which Models AZ? And were they the new designs?

I have the 800 and it runs smooth and is never hot...I havent detected any stray voltage...yet fingerscrossed

It pretty much outputs the 200+ gph at about 4ft to my tank rim...

One was a 4000 and the other a 2200, both the new design. I also found when I switched from the 4000 to a OR3500 my tank dropped 3 dgerees with no other changes. The Quiet Ones run extremely hotand also have restart problems. I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy and certainly not on a friend or fellow reef enthusiast.

One was a 4000 and the other a 2200, both the new design. I also found when I switched from the 4000 to a OR3500 my tank dropped 3 dgerees with no other changes. The Quiet Ones run extremely hotand also have restart problems. I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy and certainly not on a friend or fellow reef enthusiast.

YIKES!

Like I said I have the 800 @ 13w -VS.- 3000 and 4000 @ 40 and 50 watts.

Mine runs cool... It replaced my MaxiJet 900 (snail Jam) and my tank temp stayed the same...

Archived