Pod Your Reef

14g biocube display powerhead

jojoe972

Wanted to add a powerhead inside my display tank for extra flow. Was wanting to see what everyone has in there biocubes. What brand and What gph does it have.

I have a pico evo 1200 in my 3rd chamber and was thinking of adding another pico evo to the right side of the tank in between the slits for chamber one or this one to the glass

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/prod...fm?pcatid=22581

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jeff@zina.com

Those are good options, but it depends on how much flow you need. A 14 gallon is pretty small for most power heads, but if you have SPS you may need one. The Koralia nanos are a great choice, and about the same GPH as the Oceanic you listed.

You might l;ook at a Hydor-Flo to mix up the current flow you have.

Jeff

I have sps.... Those koralia look bigger than the pico evolution with a hydor or the biocube powerhead. Really like the biocube powerhead b/c the watts are only 2.6 on it.

Ok so looked into it furthur and it looks like the koralia nano has changed its design look smaller now

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/prod...mp;pcatid=21970

but use 3.5 watts of electric?

So which one is better

i have two koralia nanos (140 i think) in my biocube14. one on the glass by chamber 1 pointing towards the return on chamber 3 and i have another one on the false wall right next to the return pointing towards the front glass. makes for great flow.

checked out your tank thread..... nice looking tank and awesome corals you got from local reefers!

Cant really see an upclose of the powerheads. Have any pictures of those things up close?

checked out your tank thread..... nice looking tank and awesome corals you got from local reefers!

Cant really see an upclose of the powerheads. Have any pictures of those things up close?

cant see them cause i dont have pics of them yet!

I had 2 nano's in my BC14 and I really liked them. I got a used MP10 for about $100 and made the switch. The MP10 is VERY nice and I like the saved space, plus it can go as fast or as slow as you want it too.

But the wallet is the boss and if you cant front the $$$ then 2 nanos will do yea fine.

I was actually going to just add one. I already have the pico evo in the third chamber but wanted something on the right side.

Did you upgrade your pump in the third chamber and also had two nano's?

Maxijet-900 on the return, and 2 K-nano's in my 14Bc. Everything is great.

Would love a MP but for the 14 its just too much $$$, im saving that one for my 29 build :)

Maxijet-900 on the return, and 2 K-nano's in my 14Bc. Everything is great.

Would love a MP but for the 14 its just too much $$$, im saving that one for my 29 build :)

yea an MP10 in a 29 is good! do you have pics of the nanos in your tank? Just want to see the size of them in the tank.

MP10.. hard to get random flow in the BC14 with just some powerheads.. you're gonna end up with some funny lookin scrawny sps branches that all point in the same direction.

yea..I have no idea how my tank would do with SPS.

I keep LPS, so my setup is perfect for that. If you still wanna see pictures let me know

qwiksilver711
Koralia 245 does a good job, had a very low flow area that had some cryo starting... the power head changed all of that...

Exactly the same for me

Do either of you have SPS in your tank?

no too the sps's lps an softies, I had the 425 power head an it was way to much for the way i have my tank set up..

Archived