Pod Your Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

teamschreiba
loved the video :) awesomeness.

Thanks got2envy! It was my first time using iMovie and I was pretty impressed with how it turned out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
sorry I ever doubted you on moving the rock work *bows head*

Haha no problem ;) I wish I had done it sooner because my SPS are so much happier!

teamschreiba
Nice video, very clear, what camera are you using? Tank looks awesome!

Thanks NanoTopia! I'm using a Canon T3i and for that video I used a Canon 50mm macro lens. I realized I even used it for the FTS part at the end of the video when normally I use a Canon 70-200mm f4L for the FTS shots.

Awesome video! And of course an awesome looking tank!

Thanks ccapasso, I appreciate it!

hey bro finished semester yesterday :) thinking of buying a seventy cube tomorrow can i borrow your jeep? LOLZ

ps.....NICE VIDEO!

teamschreiba
hey bro finished semester yesterday :) thinking of buying a seventy cube tomorrow can i borrow your jeep? LOLZ

ps.....NICE VIDEO!

Congrats man! And yeah that's probably not going to fit in the mini :P Maybe for a couple of those nice frags you were talking about though haha.

And thanks!

teamschreiba

So I have a weird problem. A few of my fruit loops polyps have been closed for like a week and don't seem to want to open. The other half of the colony is okay and all my other zoas right next to it are okay too. Nothing is touching the zoas and everything else in the tank is doing great. I know I have tons of pods in my tank that you can even see in the video I posted but I don't think that would affect the same small group of polyps. I also think if it was nudi's it would be affecting other polyps since they're all close together. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas since I don't have as much experience/knowledge with zoas as I have with SPS. Thanks guys!

i had the same thing for a bit in my 12in cube. seemed to be pods as far as i could find. one day it just stopped

teamschreiba
i had the same thing for a bit in my 12in cube. seemed to be pods as far as i could find. one day it just stopped

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for as well.

Your tank looks fantastic!

Thanks iDerek!

That video is simply amazing! Your corals are gorgeous!

Thanks Paigee! :happy:

Spirofucci
So I have a weird problem. A few of my fruit loops polyps have been closed for like a week and don't seem to want to open. The other half of the colony is okay and all my other zoas right next to it are okay too. Nothing is touching the zoas and everything else in the tank is doing great. I know I have tons of pods in my tank that you can even see in the video I posted but I don't think that would affect the same small group of polyps. I also think if it was nudi's it would be affecting other polyps since they're all close together. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas since I don't have as much experience/knowledge with zoas as I have with SPS. Thanks guys!

Funny, I have the same problem with my zoas. Everything else looks great including sps. I even dipped mine in rodi for 3 min. It helped but they still don't look so hot. No proof, but I think it's pods as well. I read somewhere, that the straight tailed ones are bad and the curley tailed are good???

teamschreiba
Funny, I have the same problem with my zoas. Everything else looks great including sps. I even dipped mine in rodi for 3 min. It helped but they still don't look so hot. No proof, but I think it's pods as well. I read somewhere, that the straight tailed ones are bad and the curley tailed are good???

Yeah I'm hoping it's just pods too. I haven't heard that before but I know all the visible ones in my tank have curled tails so.

Happens to me as well on two zoa colonies, I just throw them around in freshwater and the next day they look perfect.

teamschreiba
Happens to me as well on two zoa colonies, I just throw them around in freshwater and the next day they look perfect.

Thanks brad! I think I'm going to give that a try since it couldn't hurt.

Spirofucci

How long do you throw them around in the FW? Do you recommend lugol's??

teamschreiba
Like 30 seconds. Give them a nice shake in the water then a visual inspection.

I did this after work today but they're still closed up and pissed :P Nothing seemed to fall off in the FW though so we'll see how they look tomorrow.

sick video! tank is looks is great

Thanks marcelo! I don't know if I said this either but I picked up a strawberry shortcake mini colony on Friday! I had one frag of it over a year ago from Vivid that didn't make it but that was when my tank wasn't very SPS friendly. This one seems to be doing well and I mounted it today sort of above the xenia so hopefully it'll keep its great color :happy:

Archived