Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
now i can stare at it all the time lol

seriously though the sps is awesome. that frogspawn is amazing too

Thanks! It's taken me awhile to collect this many SPS that I like but I'm finally pretty satisfied with my tank. Maybe a few more tweaks to the scape and a couple more zoas but I mainly just want to grow out now :happy:

Man sorry to hear about the mame

Making me have second thoughts on using my mame when my friend brings it back from Japan

Plus I just bought a used xaqua today

teamschreiba
Man sorry to hear about the mame

Making me have second thoughts on using my mame when my friend brings it back from Japan

Plus I just bought a used xaqua today

Yeah even if you still go with the MAME I think it's good to have a back-up.

teamschreiba
Did u use the two little fishies pipe cleaner??

Nope it was this one. It was fine otherwise I just should have been more careful. I didn't realize how thin the glass was at that spot too.

Thanks! It's taken me awhile to collect this many SPS that I like but I'm finally pretty satisfied with my tank. Maybe a few more tweaks to the scape and a couple more zoas but I mainly just want to grow out now :happy:

Oh come on now.. who actually believes that ;)

Just noticed that you had the ADA sign turned to the back left of the tank - smart move sir!

teamschreiba
Beautiful FTS Ts!

Thanks hype! I was hoping with the new bulbs the difference would be a little more noticeable in the shot but I think it mainly just looks a little brighter.

Oh come on now.. who actually believes that ;)

Just noticed that you had the ADA sign turned to the back left of the tank - smart move sir!

Haha which part? About me being happy or not adding anymore corals :P

And yeah when I moved the tank about a year ago I flipped it around mainly because my old glass cleaner scratched the glass which I was not very happy about. I should just take the sticker off I guess too.

teamschreiba

So this is one of the reasons I take so many pictures of my corals...

This guy has been through a lot, I originally got it at Mr. Coral in early January 2011 as a fresh cut frag. It has been mounted in multiple places in my tank, knocked over, neglected, and even experienced some STN at the base. It goes through quite the color changes as well throughout the time I've had it. I know the overall amount of growth I got over the year and a half is pretty bad but now that the conditions are right is it growing like crazy. It's one of my favorite pieces which just goes to show that you should never give up on a coral! Enjoy!

1/14/11:

5355138523_f12d53de63_z.jpg

1/26/11:

5390665463_815199ba69_z.jpg

4/20/11:

5638164435_5461205e76_z.jpg

8/21/11:

6067076470_60644c5290_z.jpg

10/3/11:

6208949841_d5dd0b00b6_z.jpg

1/17/12:

6717667101_414919ef13_z.jpg

5/15/12:

7206355626_bbe2da911f_z.jpg

Wow! Really cool. I love seeing timelapse sps grow out shots. I know what you mean about lack of growth, its so frustrating for me as well.. But corals are very particular animals and require a long time to settle in.. Alhough not that long considering a lot of coral colonies in the wild are 100+ years old!

Btw your tank is looking very "marcellowish" lately..(the famous pico tank of marcello)

teamschreiba
Wow! Really cool. I love seeing timelapse sps grow out shots. I know what you mean about lack of growth, its so frustrating for me as well.. But corals are very particular animals and require a long time to settle in.. Alhough not that long considering a lot of coral colonies in the wild are 100+ years old!

Btw your tank is looking very "marcellowish" lately..(the famous pico tank of marcello)

Yeah they certainly are. And having nano tanks makes it even harder to keep those parameters right where they need to be. Thanks too, that is a huge compliment considering that tank is really incredible :happy:

Someone's tank is looking awfully sexy!

Thanks MGD I appreciate it!

no problem! want pics of sticks to be fragged soon? you can be the eighth one to have this coral...i want to see how it grows under your leds everyone that has it is using se phoenix 14ks or 20k radiums

teamschreiba
no problem! want pics of sticks to be fragged soon? you can be the eighth one to have this coral...i want to see how it grows under your leds everyone that has it is using se phoenix 14ks or 20k radiums

Yeah sure! I actually don't run LED's anymore either, I have a giesemann 150W MH +4 t5's running a 20k DE radium .

Yeah sure! I actually don't run LED's anymore either, I have a giesemann 150W MH +4 t5's running a 20k DE radium .

your sps will love it! i have exams until tuesday i will text you with the sps some dont have names...

teamschreiba
your sps will love it! i have exams until tuesday i will text you with the sps some dont have names...

Alright sounds good! Good luck with the exams man.

Alright sounds good! Good luck with the exams man.

lol stats for business about to tear me a new ass hole :/

THANKS FOR THE LUCK THOUGH, ILL NEED IT

teamschreiba

Yeah I hear you there. I had many rough engineering exams but they paid off because now I can buy all these great corals :P

teamschreiba

So here it is, my first real shot at a video. It's not the greatest but it's my first attempt. Let me know what you think!

Vimeo

Great pics and FTS...as always! I still like the look of that MAME. I hope one of my corals recovers like that. Very similar to the blue green one you have. It's growing at the base and PE is good, but the color is a full green and it's not growing out.

teamschreiba
Great pics and FTS...as always! I still like the look of that MAME. I hope one of my corals recovers like that. Very similar to the blue green one you have. It's growing at the base and PE is good, but the color is a full green and it's not growing out.

Thanks pschom! If it's growing at the base and has good PE I wouldn't be too worried. A lot of corals encrust and spread out first before they start growing up.

Lol ts. My wife watched the video and she said that if I can build a 60-f like yours I can have one.

Well there you go looks like you need to get builidng :lol:

Archived