SaltCritters.com

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen any good zoa's around lately? I think I bought out what aquarium 1 gets in, haven't seen a zoa I don't have in a while.

teamschreiba
Woah woah woah.. hold on!

NR has an app?!?

I'm pretty sure it's just an internet shortcut lol

Have you seen any good zoa's around lately? I think I bought out what aquarium 1 gets in, haven't seen a zoa I don't have in a while.

I know blue ribbon koi has quite a few nice frags of some but I don't see many "designer" zoas at Marine Scene, I mainly go there for SPS. Keep an eye on the FS section too because there's quite a few people in this area that sell zoas.

Ima Android guy lol but what's ur lighting again?

I use a Giesemann 24" Infiniti 150W Hqi + 4 T5. I think it's about time to change the T5 bulbs too.

teamschreiba
Haha damn, I got kind of excited!

Absolutely beautiful tank, btw!

Thanks sdoubtit!

And thanks to everyone for all the encouragement along the way to getting to 1000+ posts!! :happy:

Here ya go!

7154676524_0b047ceaa8_z.jpg

And yeah I got these rasta's and the fruit loops in the background from the member 21093r53 here on N-R and the candy apple reds and purple hornet variants from Blue Ribbon Koi.

they look nice!!!!!!!!

teamschreiba
wife is all about me starting a 60-f. :D

You should get going on that! Do you have all the details worked out already?

teamschreiba
Looking great bro! I haven't updated my thread in quite a while haha.

Thanks man! Yeah I haven't seen you on in awhile. How's the tank been?

teamschreiba

So I had a bit of a crisis today... I got a new pipe cleaner for the MAME because the old one was getting pretty rough. Unfortunately when I went to clean the MAME today I didn't realize the tip of it was a small metal ball. And this part went right through the glass in the bottom of the U-piece of the larger outflow :angry: After being pretty angry/upset for awhile thinking I had some big problems, I realized I could patch the hole since it was underwater and not outside of the tank. So I cut two pieces of clear tubing in half and glued them over the hole. This seems to have worked really well so far but it doesn't look the best and I know it won't last forever. So I need to start thinking/looking for a new overflow of some type because it's not a long term solution.

In summary, be careful when you clean your MAME they are even more fragile than you think!!

I also went to one of my LFS today and picked up some Armor of God's and two new T5 bulbs. It made me realize that my T5 really needed to be replaced because the new ones really brought back that crisp blue pop that I've been missing. I'll let my corals acclimate for a few weeks and then pick the two more to replace the other two bulbs.

You should get going on that! Do you have all the details worked out already?

For the most part. Really want a mame but I think I might drill it instead.

teamschreiba
For the most part. Really want a mame but I think I might drill it instead.

Yeah you may want to drill just for simplicity. I would try and use the smallest overflow box possible though just because there's not much real estate in a 60-f.

teamschreiba
Bummer about the mame, man. Your tank looks great.

Thanks tam! And yeah I might look for another overflow but try and use the MAME for as long as possible.

teamschreiba
How old were your bulbs?

Right around a year old. The halide bulb still seems okay so I'm going to try and get a couple more months out of it.

Right around a year old. The halide bulb still seems okay so I'm going to try and get a couple more months out of it.

Dang, I was hoping the drop off wouldn't be so drastic.

teamschreiba
Dang, I was hoping the drop off wouldn't be so drastic.

Yeah it was a pretty significant difference. If I can clean the glass up tonight I'll try and get a new FTS and maybe you'll be able to tell in the picture. I only swapped two bulbs too so the difference will be even more when I change the other two.

Archived